Get off your Rameumpton
Wow this
week was a whirlwind. Literally we had a little mini blizzard.
SOO
the beginning of this week was cool here are some highlights...
I
am so grateful for my companion and the example she is.
We
went by a less actives house and they seemed all active and nice and had a cute
baby, the father was a returned missionary and was talking all and the crazy
stuff on his mission, but we quickly realized from some comments and things
that he was more concerned with temporal things. He kept trying to get us to
play his virtual reality game (the elders played it why can't you?) and even
after saying no, no thanks ... probably not allowed to.. he was still tempting
and pressuring us like Satan! But when he said okay where does it say that you
specifically can't play this? My companion, with all her power and authority,
"It may not say that, but I know I am a representative of Jesus Christ and
I know that He would be sharing this message with you."
We
ended up sharing the message with them and just looking at his game for a
second to make him happy, but my companion taught me something very
important. She showed me what it means to be obedient. Obedience is not just
following the written law of Moses. But it is doing the things that God has
commanded you and the things that will bring you true happiness because you
love God and you WANT to follow him. It's no checklist, it is a way you
life.
Wednesday
we had the most CELESTIAL DAY!! Literally. We were able to have zone conference
in the morning and then go to the temple all together!!!
I
learned so many things. But the majority that the spirit taught to me through
the meeting is that 1) being a disciple of Christ and especially being a
missionary IS SO NOT ABOUT YOU. There are so many things that we can get caught
up with but if we will just remember truly why we are here -- to serve others
as Christ would -- that's all that matters. 2) we can learn so much from Alma
31 and from Ether 3. Do you pray like the Zoramites off your rameumptom, or do
you acknowledge your nothingness in humility and pray with Faith like the
Brother of Jared? We are entitled to miracles from God if we pray with faith
and if we are truly obedient. We can pray to our Father in Heaven and say
"I have done everything I can, I have tried my very best and been
diligent and truly obedient. Just please touch my rocks." Once we get off
our rameumptom and humble ourselves before God, we will not only receive
answers and miracles, but those miracles and answers will be so much more than
we could have dreamed! The brother of Jared asked for some light to his rocks,
and he ended up seeing the premortal savior. We will see miracles in our own
lives!!!
And
then oh wow I had missed the temple so much (I hadn't been since the mtc!).
Truly I just felt the Love of my Savior so much. The temple shows us what we
need to do to return to our father in Heaven, and for me, it truly is the place
where we can feel closest to Heavenly Father. It was so amazing to be in the
CELESTIAL room with my mission president and his wife and so many missionaries.
I won't forget how I felt.
The
other highlight of the week was when we were able to have another lesson with
our investigator Casey! She wasn't feeling well so she canceled our first
lesson but then a few days later, she was feeling better when we stopped by, we
taught her a lot and now I know what relying on the spirit really is for! She
wasn't understanding us at all. But I learned it's important as missionaries to
show who we really are and that we are human! We got to know her so much better
and taught better when we were able to connect with the spirit.
Sooo
also that day we saw Casey it had been kind of sleeting all day and so that
night since it got down to like 10 degrees all that water froze. We were picked
up for shift the next morning and it was all ice. We got a text about an hour
later and president said that we weren't allowed to drive. So of course not
really anyone came to the VC and we were already there so we watched two movies
and read lots of scriptures!
One
of the videos was the movie about Thomas s. Monson's life. Wow I love that man.
I strongly recommend watching it ("On the Lords errand" is what it's
called). My goal this week is to be more like him and to rely more and act on
the promptings I receive because "I want the Lord to know, if He needs an
errand run, He can count on [Sister Bleak] to run it."
After
shift it had started snowing and snowing and snowing!! So we went home and and
stayed there the rest of the night. We all tried to do planning and call people
and wow it is really hard to stay busy when you're a missionary and you can't
fulfill your purpose from inside your house!! Sister bishop and her baby came
over though so we all decided to order pizza and it ended up being a pretty
good day.
The
next day we were allowed to drive (with good judgement) so we rode over to
shift and it was -4 degrees outside and so when we had to go to church, we
spent about 30 minutes (what felt like an eternity) scraping ice haha and then
we got to church and half the building wouldn't heat so they canceled the rest
of church after sacrament meeting! Lol. I think Missourians would be used to
cold like this? Who knows.
Lastly
I just want to share that the spirit works and prayer is real! Acting on
promptings is so important and when you do you're able to bless so many lives
that you wouldn't have even known possible!! We taught our less active Tiffany
something that she needed to hear right then and it was such a special
experience. I love those moments.
Wow
though, I have officially spent 6 Months as a set apart representative of my
Savior and i won't lie when I say it has been the hardest things I have ever
done. Yet it has been the most rewarding. I have never spent so much time on my
knees, yet I have never felt so close to my father in heaven. I have never been
so low, yet I have never felt so much joy. My mission hasn't been what I have
expected but I have seen how he Lord has been helping and shaping me to become
the person that He sees me as.
I
can say to you all right now that I know with every fiber of my being that
Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and redeemer. He is my best friend. He has
been here for me, and stood by me always. I love Him. I love serving Him, and I
am so glad I get to this whole year.
As
we approach Christmas in the coming week, I invite you all to watch the Mormon
message "that they may always remember Him" and ponder on what it
truly means to celebrate Christ's birth. Truly he brought light to the world.
He came to heal the broken-hearted and pay the price for all our sins. He came
for you and me.
I
love this time of year. I am so grateful for all the love and support I have
felt from each of you. I hope you have the very best week and the Merriest
Christmas!!!
️
️
️






No comments:
Post a Comment