The Zone Training of all Zone Trainings
Dearest
loved ones! I hope you all have had a fantastic week!
My
week has been a bit challenging but quite rewarding :)
This
week we were able to meet lots of people with other members of the ward and did
lots of good service! We also were able to have lesson with Cindy who is now
our new investigator!! Cindy is a spunky single mom who's covered in tattoos
and piercings but is literally the nicest happiest person! She just moved from
Wisconsin to tiny Lathrop, MO lol. Haha she loves it though!! We met her a
couple weeks ago, she was outside walking her dog when we knocked on her house
trying to contact a past potential investigator. She was so friendly and just
talked our ear off and said we could come back! So we went back this week and
met her super cute kids! (2 of them baptism age oh yeah) and we got to know
them better and found out that Cindy lived with members for 3 when she was in
high school. She said they were the best people and she'd even been to church
before!! We showed her and her kids the video "Follow a Him" and they
all sat right in front of me just soaking it all up and afterward when I asked
what they liked about it, her cute daughter Erma (who's 8) said "oh wow I
really just loved everything about that video!" So we testified of Jesus
Christ and our calling as missionaries and we are going back this Thursday!!
God truly does put is in the path of those who are prepared when we follow the
spirit to find them!!
Speaking
of following the spirit we had another fantastic lesson with Michael! Our
miracle find last week!! (He is the one who has read the whole Book of Mormon).
We taught him the Restoration with a member and wow the spirit was so strong!
He accepts everything we say and just says it all makes sense to him!! He's so
amazing! And the member we brought bore such a powerful testimony. I'm so
excited to keep teaching him!!
Another
funny story and new investigator is this kid named Brock!! He showed up on our
records and I had no idea who he was (still being fairly new) so sis Brinegar
and I met him earlier this week just briefly. He's like 14 and his dad isn't a
member but he was super nice and im like okay so like what is this kids story.
So we came back Saturday with a member and her teenage kid. And we found out
that Brock hasn't been baptized and his mom was a member (that's why he showed
up on the records) but his mom isn't active, but his grandparents and uncle are
in the ward and they are. But we were talking to him about what we do as
missionaries and how much the gospel can bless his life and asked if that's
something he wanted to learn more about and have in his life and he shared how
he was in a bad car accident a couple months before, but walked away without a
scratch. He said that really opened up his eyes and he wants to be closer to
God. So we are going to start teaching him!!! Haha pray for me, I've never
taught a 14 yr old boy ... so ya this kid needs lots of friends and
fellowship!
But
the best part of the week was ZONE TRAINING Friday!! And really it was the Zone
Training of all Zone Trainings. We woke up early and our zone all carpooled up
to have zone training at ADAM-ONDI-AHMAN!! #perksofbeinginFarWest
🏼
We
had it in his special little chapel they have there. And wow the spirit and
love and power that was in that room, I'll never forget. I'm so grateful for
such loving and inspired leaders who love us missionaries and teach with such
power and love. I received many answers so prayers from their trainings. One
thing in particular that stood out to me is what Elder Katoa (one of the Zone
leaders) said about how it truly is our choice of whether or not we are happy.
I have always struggled with waiting for my circumstances to get better before
I am happy. But a mission has really been teaching me how to have joy no matter
what. I have gained such a strong testimony that the hard things in life don't
last forever. Yes, sometimes we do suffer. But I know, because I have felt
this, that the Lord is always by our side no matter what our circumstances. And
that in and of itself is enough reason to always be joyful. I am so thankful
for Him and for Our Savior's Atonement. This week when times get tough, I am
going to try harder to remember Jesus Christ and what He did for me that will
help me overcome. And I invite each of you to do the same!!!
After
the trainings, we went from the chapel over to Preacher's Rock. A big rock in
Adam-Ondi-Ahman where Joseph Smith preached from. And the acoustics are awesome
because when you're standing on preachers rock, you can stand all the way back
in the field behind and still hear whoever is speaking even if it's in a normal
voice.
But
anyway, so we went there and we had some time to go off on our own and read our
Patriarchal Blessings and just ponder and pray. I will never forget those
moments. We regathered and had a testimony meeting as missionaries. And the
whole time I just had impressed upon me so much that we are so blessed to have
the eternal perspective we do as members of the church. We can rise above the
world and the afflictions we are going through, knowing that it will not last
forever. What the mission has taught me most which I will forever be grateful
for, which is what is most important. We can get caught up in the things of the
world, trying to be cool, trying to please others. We get burdened down by life
and trials, but we are infinitely more than all of those things! I know that
Christ will come again and that really is what this is all about! Our life here
on earth is preparation for what awaits us next! So don't get too consumed with
things of the world because they don't last forever!
I
don't know if any of that made sense, sorry if it was a little preachy but I'm
just so grateful for the perspective and for knowing that we are so much more
than what we will go through in this life!
But
anyways I just know that is so true!!! The gospel is so true!!
I'm
also grateful for priesthood power and such kind kind members of our
ward.
Yesterday
I got super super sick at church. Like it was bad. But I couldn't go home
because we had gotten a ride from a member of our ward ... but wow I was a
wreck. Thankfully some ladies noticed and came and made sure I was okay and our
Bishop gave me a blessing. So we went home and i was forced to rest the WHOLE
DAY. Ugh. Lots of members came by to bring soup and crackers and sprite and
medicine. They're so nice. And they even brought sleeping pills (cus I was too
uncomfortable to sleep) and so I knocked out at like 7:30 and slept the whole
night! And by some miracle I woke up this morning and feel SOO much better. So
we are just chillin at pday, but will probably just rest most of the rest of
the day today bc we got a big day of zone conference tomorrow!!
Anyways
love you lots and lots!!! Have an amazing week!
And
check out this talk: "Becoming True Millenials" Pres. Nelson 2016
worldwide devotional for young adults
Also here is a pic of
me and my bff sis Bishop in the same spot where
we took our 4 month mark 5months later almost at 9 months!! Time sure
does fly by!!!
we took our 4 month mark 5months later almost at 9 months!! Time sure
does fly by!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment