Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 19, 2017

July 18, 2017 "Live from Chic-fil-a breakfast"

Live from a Chick-Fil-A Breakfast 

Good morning Y'all!   Happy Tuesday!! 

Can't believe it's another Tuesday! Time flies too fast!!! 

This will be a shorter one honestly bc not much happened this week. 
But Wednesday we had exchanges with the Liberty 1st sisters and I got to be with Sister Udall!! #compsreunite! 
It was so fun! She is such a good example to me of determination to do the Lords will and she just emanates the love of Christ! 

Also this week we have done a TONNN of contacting people. Mostly because our appointments were canceling bc of summer plans that get in the way..  ;) 
And the jail has been superrr busy! Thursday, we had shift in the afternoon and literally by the time we had left at 5 here were almost 650 people who had come in. Just Sister Draper and I alone took through 400+ youth from Far West and Houston, TX on youth conference. So it was pretty crazy but really cool to be able to teach and testify to all those kids. 

 A couple other fun things of this week was Zone Service, where we helped / volunteered at this children's farm day camp which was pretty fun. We were the greeters (just using our visitor center skills), and also we had President's Devotional - the recent convert Devotional held every month at the Visitor center and at the Jail - there was only a few recent converts who bore their testimonies, but they were each so sweet. I especially loved President Love's remarks at the end. What he talked about is how to make the sacrament more meaningful as we prepare to renew our covenants throughout the week. 

He talked about how important prayer is in all of that. He said, "Night and morning prayers are essential in preparing for the sacrament, when we are washed clean again." 
We could say in our prayers, "I noticed your hand in this, I tried my best and I know I could have done better in this one thing, and I'm going to try better tomorrow. 

In prayer We ponder in our hearts, how am I doing? Am I going in a good direction? Am I treating others with love and respect? It is a daily occurrence. 

Then on Sunday as we collect the things from the week that were misdeeds, that are things we want to change and do better in, we take them out of our pockets and lay them on the sacrament table. 
We can do this if we have truly repented. And then we take a morsel of the bread of life and a drink of the living water. And we are washed clean once again. 

Sometimes we wonder if we will ever make it: I just keep making mistakes, I'll never get there. But the Lord beacons, "Return unto me. And repent." 

Another quote about repentance from Neil L. Anderson that I loved says, "The invitation to repent is rarely a voice of chastisement but rather a loving appeal to turn around and to “re-turn” toward God. It is the beckoning of a loving Father and His Only Begotten Son to be more than we are, to reach up to a higher way of life, to change, and to feel the happiness of keeping the commandments. Being disciples of Christ, we rejoice in the blessing of repenting and the joy of being forgiven. They become part of us, shaping the way we think and feel." 

"The purpose and central blessing of life is change. It is to be changed to become more like Jesus Christ.It is to incorporate into your character, the qualities of His character. It is to move from one degree of intelligence and capacity to the next, and from there to the next, until you see God face to face and know Him as He knows you." (The Fourth Missionary) 

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be completely immersed in the gospel everyday as the Lords servant. I know I can be clean through Him and one day be like Him as I continually live the doctrine of Christ. 

Love you all, 

Sister Bleak 

Pics
Exchanges - also it has been BLASTED HOT HERE #classicmisery
13 months with my bffs 
Bleak like Steak dinner 
Service 
Surprise party for Sister Petersons Birthday :))) 
Vicki from lib 1st came to Pres. Devo!!! Oh I love her. 
The birthday girl!! 
Compy comp 















No comments:

Post a Comment