Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 19, 2017

July 31, 2017 "Yeah, I'm a believer." "Then get baptized!!"

"Yeah, I'm a believer." "Then get baptized!!"

Hello everyone!!! This week was a blur! It's always crazy with transfer week. 

There were sooo many changes in the mission, however, Sister Draper and I get to stay together in Doniphan!!! 

Ok this email is gonna be pretty quick tho, I'll tell ya about some highlights. 

  • We have another set of sisters serving in the jail! They took out an area and switched it with a different full proselyting area, so now there are 3 sets of sisters living in our house! Just like being in college haha. Except not 
  • We had an amazing lesson with the Staffords! They are one of the part member families we are teaching. Marcy, is a single mom and is also the sweetest. She is a convert but fell away shortly after a divorce and has been less active for the past 10 years. She has made SOO much progress and we have seen the spirit work through her daughters! Friday we met up with them at the jail and we watched the Restoration movie. So it was us and Marcy and her daughters Gabby who has special needs, Cedae (17) and Cedaes BF Gabe! Surprise didn't know he was coming!! And Bella (9) and Bishop Russell and Sister Gallup! After the movie, the spirit was so strong. We had an amazing discussion about how they could know this is true and everyone opened up - even Gabe! He's like I didn't know anything about this but I really liked it and admire Joseph Smith for what he did! He's like, "yeah, I'd say I'm a believer!" And Bella goes, "well then get baptized!!!" Hahah she's a hoot. Also Marcy talked all about how she wants her girls to be baptized and everything and has felt that this is the right time for her to come back to church. It was so awesome! It makes my heart so happy to teach them and help them come closer to Jesus Christ!!   
  • We also went to lunch 2 different times for meetings, haha. With the Petersons, the Visitor Center Director couple (btw they are my faves), whenever we have a meeting Elder Peterson is always like "ok well I'm hungry about that time, so where do you wanna get lunch?" Hahaha it's so fun. So we went to a Mexican place for lunch and met about some Jail stuff. We also met Bishop Russell at Panera for lunch to talk about missionary work. The workers def. probs thought we were polygamist.. 
  • Yesterday we also took a bus tour with a bunch of people from Utah seeing the sites and it went pretty well! Afterwards, we found out though that JOHN BYTHEWAY was in the group!!! Didn't recognize him at all, and he didn't even participate... hahaha but because we didn't know he was there, we weren't nervous. Plus his wife said good job so I guess it went well, hopefully!   
  • Sunday Bishop Russell was in charge of the 5th Sunday lesson and he said he had all these ideas and it was all planned out, but then yesterday he was prompted to change it all. And then he started to cry and bear a powerful testimony of missionary work. You could see how much his mission had impacted him, and how his whole life had changed from it. He testified of the power that we have as members to be the piece of the puzzle that someone else needs to find their way back to the truth. You never know whose life you could bless. 
  • And lastly, you can have an update on the poison ivy on my face. I have steroids I'm taking so it's gone way down. But I'm never doing yard work in Missouri again lol 

Anyways that's basically all that happened this week. 

Overall though I have been reflecting about the power of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for missions because of how the experiences teach you. I'll be honest, I've never been so aware of my shortcomings and inadequacies, but I have never felt the power of Jesus Christ so strongly in my life. He truly can and will help us to overcome those things. I have learned how to access and apply His atoning power to my life. The sacrament truly cleanses and heals. 

I'm just so grateful to be a missionary. No matter what happens in the day, I'm so happy to just serve my Savior and represent Him. 

Love you all!!! 

Sister Bleak 

If you ever have time, watch these videos, they're on Mormon channel. 
"Two Brothers Two" - watch Tommy's mission and learning to serve learning to love (or something like that) they're really good. 


Pics:
The Morgan's came to the jail! From Crooked River. My eter-nigators are getting baptized this Saturday!! 
Transfer dress up pics! 
Us quoting the narrations at the jail, lol 
The new sisters at the jail 
Why I love serving at the Liberty Jail. Sweet note a lady wrote after I took her on a tour. She didn't say anything, but I could tell she was feeling it. Then she said this. 








No comments:

Post a Comment