Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Monday, November 13, 2017

Nov. 7 2016 Spreading the gospel from Independence to Canada!!

Spreading the gospel from Independence to Canada!!

Hi family! 

This week was awesome!! 

I just wanted to share a couple of my experiences! 

The beginning of this week was kind of slow... but Thursday I had the greatest surprise!!! My grandparents - formerly - serving as the temple president of nauvoo decided to stop by the visitor center on their way home from their assignment there!! 
It was so good to see them! Crazy to see them here where I serve but so fun to share what I love so much about this place and hear of their love and support from home ❤❤❤ 

Friday was AMAZING! We had zone training which I always love but this zone training was especially amazing. They held it in the VC so we had that spirit there already, but I just gained so much a testimony of coming with an open heart. And softening your heart to take the promptings from the spirit (and even the rebukes). Once you soften your heart God will pour out His spirit on you. I felt that a lot this week. I recognized that I needed to open myself more. Each training was an answer to my prayers and exactly what I needed. I knew what I needed to be doing better or how I could do better and then learned how I could apply that to the Lords work. I could feel of my zone leaders love and devotion to the work and it really created this whole feeling of love and unity on our zone. As missionaries especially in this zone we needed more unity. Because we are literally in Zion. And Zion is all or nothing. It is Everyone working together. EVERYONE. One heart one mind. No one straying. No doubts. 
It was quite powerful. 
And so motivating! Our goal is 26 baptisms for the zone in the month of November. And we can make it happen!!! 

The other miracle on Friday was WELDON DEARING. 
Weldon is an older man that about a month ago came on chat on Mormon.org ... he was asking about whether or not he was going to heaven. Turns out that after answering his questions with some simple gospel principles, he had tons of questions about the Book of Mormon and wanted to know more about General conference too! He had gone back in the church's website and read ALLL of General conference. Like ALL. From 1971 till now. He is awesome. 
BUT Weldon is from a part in Canada called Newfoundland. Newfoundland doesn't have missionaries in that area!!!! Or I couldn't find them. So I mailed him a Book of Mormon and Bible. Check back a couple weeks later, he finally returns my calls and says he is already in 2 Nephi and would desperately like 3 other bibles and BOM for his sons!! And he wants to learn more. He said that he has felt himself coming closer to Jesus Christ and is so happy! So I'm like AHH GET THE MAN SOME MISSIONARIES!!! 
So I figured out where the nearest church is (still an hour away) but he said yay! I will for sure go, that is worth the drive! So I sent him a ton more information, even found some missionaries that serve in that branch and sent all that to him. 

A couple more weeks go by and I hadn't heard from him and hen he all of a sudden emails me back! So I called him and talked to him and he said that he contacted e missionaries and watched the videos I sent him and has watched them over and over, and he has a meeting with the missionaries and they are so close to him and he reads the Book of Mormon every night, he loves it so much! He is in Helaman!!! 
So I took the opportunity from the spirit to invite him to be baptized.. and he accepted!! For later this month! He said he would do whatever it takes. He said shortly after that now I'm so much more excited! I just feel so good right now! And I testified that that was he spirit telling him that. MIRACLESSSS!!! I then proceeded to share my miracle with anyone who would listen. God is preparing people out there!! Even in Newfoundland! And he let me have a small piece in helping him all the way here in Independence ❤

The rest of this week was a blur as well. I have felt a new dedication to the work. And have had a clearer mind. I have recognized that as we set specific goals and make specific plans and pray specifically and accordingly, and then go out and do, God sees our efforts and blesses us. Just as in PMG it states hat God is ANXIOUS to bless us. He does not withhold blessings when we are unworthy or try to keep us from being happy and seeing miracles, he WANTS it to happen for us! 
But we just have to ... 
Keep trying.  
Keep trusting. 
Keep believing. 
Keep growing.  
(As Jeffry R. Holland states,) Heaven is cheering you on, today, tomorrow and forever!!

To round out the amazing week, we had so many miracles with seeing less actives and following promptings yesterday night after we had Regional Conference!! We heard from Ronald A Rasband. They spoke all about the temple and how important it is. 

The apostles and general authorities today are not shy about talking out preparing for the savior's coming. And stating that we are in the last days. That the world is only going to get worse before it gets better. I find solace in knowing we have called and set apart leaders of the church that have direction from God and give us the divine guidance that we'll need to get through the troubling times ahead. I invite you all to go back on conference and make an action plan for how you can follow through with those things the spirit whispers to you that you could improve on. 
I know the Lord desires to help and use us and our talents and takes our efforts to help in His work of the salvation of the souls of our brothers and sisters. Which is the most important work and thing we could do!! 

I hope you all have a great week this week! And take the time to remember Christ ❤ 

Much love, 
Sister Bleak 💕


Pday fun from last week 







No comments:

Post a Comment