Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sept. 4, 2017 "Jordan Smith"

Jordan Smith
Hello everyone!! 

So we got some news this week, and that is at Sister Draper is going to train a new missionary!! So even hour we all thought I was leaving the area, that means that I'm probably staying! Wooo 6 months in Doniphan !? We'll see tho transfers are on Thursday. 

Anyways here's some other fun things that happened this week: 

  • With the Staffords: we finally got to talk to Cedae about the Word of Wisdom, and she accepted it and told us that she still wants to be baptized, just wants to be able to know what she is committing herself to. And we said no worries cus it's our job to make sure u know ;) So we had a really good discussion with them. Bella also was able to come to a baptism of another 8 year old child in our ward and she loved it! As she was sitting there she was seeing the kids grandparents, and she goes, "I don't think that my grandparents would come to my baptism... they don't like the church every much.." (they're kinda anti) so she was a little sad, but then she goes, "But I'll invite this person and tHis person.... !!!" And then was all excited :) Hanna she's the cutest! ALSO Bishop called her dad (Marcy and her ex are not on good terms) to get permission for Bella to be baptized and he said YES!!   
  • Monday night, we also had a cool little miracle... We had dinner with one of my favorite families, the Nielsons! They are so cool and missionary minded! They had noticed that we were stopping by their next door neighbors (who used to be members) and so Megan (the mom) would text us about how it went, if we had been able to see them (we hadnt) so when we go over for dinner, they tell us that they invited them to come for dessert and our message!!!! And we were all nervous that they wouldn't show up, BUT THEY DID!!! Brother and sister Nielsen were so excited. And the spirit was so strong as the family members bore testimony of the Savior to their friends. 
  • The jail has been slowing down, so Sister Draper and I have been able to take some amazing tours together!!! Being able to teach with your companion makes it so much of a better experience. You really feel like you're just teaching a lesson and fulfilling your purpose! On Thursday, we had ALL like young college or married kids come in. Usually this sucks when you're with a young married couple, but he people that came in were SO cool. We could just be ourselves, and we really felt the peaceful spirit that's there. After one of the tours, we ended up talking to this girl for a long time. She was a return missionary and was also a convert of only a few years. She had an amazing story and gave us the best advice to just be patient with ourselves and love ourselves as we near the end of our missions. I love serving at the jail because of all the different things you can learn from the different people!! What a blessing. 
  • We had dinner with an investigator family! The Jenkins! The little boy has been coming to church with his friend Braylind. Sister Hanson, knows the mom and asked if she would want to feed us and they said yes! So they are nonmembers - your classic baptist black family who fed us fried chicken and mashed potatoes. (Kid you not) and they drilled us with questions the whole time. It was cool to be able to share about what we believe to people who had honest questions. I don't know how interested they are in actually learning, but I know a seed was planted if nothing else! 
  • Okay lastly the crazy thing that happened this week was yesterday in sacrament meeting.  So we're having this amazing testimony meeting, the spirit is super strong and wonderful!  ... then this crazy lady with a towel on her head gets up to speak. She had been walking around, in and out of the chapel, before church started and were all like okay what the heck is going on. Because she had the towel on her head, and a big back pack and basically looked homeless and disturbed. But she gets up at the very end (just waltzes right into the chapel and comes right up to the podium) and she starts talking about how she hasn't been here for a long time and doesn't really want to rig now, but knows she needs to be ( so sister draper and I are like hey maybe she is a less active coming back to church..??) No, definitely not. Because after that she starts going off on all this weird crap saying how she was not a Mormon, but all you Mormons keep telling me at I am! You out a program into my brain saying that I am a Mormon, but I'm not! You took all my kids away and took their organs out and that's not right!! You think I'm crazy! But this happened and it will happen to your kids! I'm not on drugs and Im not drunk, this is the truth! And the founder of your church is Jordan smith not Joseph Smith!!!" Mic goes off. Finally. and the first counselor asks her to leave and she does so peacefully, thankfully. So yeah all of us were pretty stunned after that, but thankfully Sister Hanson and Sister Emmett got up and brought the spirit back. An independence experience that I was not expecting in Liberty to say the least. 

So that tops off our week. Haha just a day in the life of a missionary, right? 

Anyways I just wanted to say how grateful I am for my time in this area. I know I may get more time here, but I also am so thankful for my companion, Sister Draper. She is one of the best missionaries I know. And we have seen SOO many miracles just in these past three months. The lord has definitely blessed us for our faithfulness and diligence. And for that I am so grateful. I'm grateful that she helps me to be a better, more Christlike person and I can learn so much from her! She'll be the best trainer! 
I'm so grateful for the miracles that are wrought by faith, and made possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know the Atonement is real. It happened, and it will bring us the peace sanctification we need. We can change and improve because of it! I've seen that in my life and the lives of others. 
I know Christ lives and walks by us daily. We need never have to worry about whether we can do it or not, because we always can with Him. 

Love you all!! 
Make this week amazing :) 

Sister Bleak 

Ps. Pls read this ensign article from sept. 2017 called "The Savior: The Perfect Physician" it's the best. 
Okay sorry here are the pics! 
This morning our bishops family - The Russells - brought us to the Plaza in downtown KC and took us to their fav places and stuff and it was so fun! So that's where we've been. 

Said bye to our bff Brooke after we helped them make a chicken coop thingy - she's growing up and going to college 
Our district 
How we end the day 
This sweet nonmember and her friends I was talking to in the exit room (sis drapes was spying on me lol) 
Couple that came in! They both served here. 
Some jail pics 
Today @ the plaza. 
And my favorite lady Heidi Russell  ️ 














No comments:

Post a Comment