Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Monday, November 13, 2017

Dec. 5,2016 "We all just need a little more lovin'"

We all just need a little more lovin’

This week was awesome!!! So many miracles and tender mercies and answered prayers!! 

We were able to see a lot of the people we were teaching at the visitor center and in our area! And literally I don't know why we go to the grocery store because members give us so much food for dinner and also give us their whole pantry when we go over to visit them. 

Monday we saw Michelle (potential investigator we have been visiting) she said that she ended up having come,ovations with a surgery so life has been hard for her the past while and Satan is the worst because she hasn't been able to read anything we have given her. Pray for her. 

Tuesday we had a couple appointments fall through but made them up Wednesday night because the less actives we have started teaching Drew and Isis came to the visitor center and it was SO good!! They both have such strong testimonies and just need a little help to get back in the right path. We are stoked! 
Wednesday during district meeting I gave a training on developing the faith to find, and wow if you ever need help or want growth in a certain subject go do a training on it!! I learned so much that I needed to about faith and about how true faith is faith in Gods will, not OUR will!! God will always take care of us even if it's hard sometimes, and that's something that we can always trust in! 

Thursday we had much needed exchanges! And I got to go with Sister Williams and Sister Draper!! LOVE THEM. They helped so much because my comps panino doesn't always love to talk about feelings which is totally cool but those sister leaders helped so much in knowing what to say and helped me to know I'm not alone when I struggle and I'm just so grateful for them!! We just had a half exchange so that morning before shift we made rice krispy treats for a member who is havin a rough time and then we went and we had some miracles!! We visited a former investigator who said they were open to meeting again!! And then we have another former investigator who we are going to start meeting with again and then we went to another house that wasn't home but we felt like we needed to knock on their neighbors door and we met Casey who said that she wanted to talk with us but couldn't right then but she said she will really try this out and she has been looking for a church. So we got her number and we are going back!! It was awesome!! That night also we had our less active Tiffany come to this BOM study class at the VC and she actually came!! And she loved it and wants to come every night!! 

We also have been practicing a lot this week because we are performinnngg!! They got me to play the guitar in this missionary stake dinner they're having so we are all doing musical numbers there and for a night at the VC. It is so magical. So we are playing and singing "once within a lowly stable" yay!! 

Friday we were able to do some service for our dinner - this fun little widow lady and we are taking pictures of all her antiques in her garage so she can sell them! I also ate shrimp at her house after I had just told other sisters that I refused to eat that and that was the only thing that I wouldn't want to eat at a members. But I ate it!! 
We also had a lesson with Stephanie and Scarlett. Scarlett is the little girl we are teaching to help her get baptized (and reactivate her mom) and they are the cutest!! I just love them. 

Saturday was our full proselyting day of service!!! We first had interview with president and wow I just love that man. He is so so so inspired and gives the most wise council and is so loving. He gave me such good advice about faith and applying the atonement. So this is what to remember folks is that all our head knowledge is essentially useless if we do not apply it to our daily lives and really make it a part of us. That separates us as those truly converted and those just checking things off a list. We make the gospel of Jesus Christ a part of us. Not just a list of things of dos and donts that help us get to heaven. 

After in o terviews a bunch of sisters went to this way yummy place for lunch and then we had service with the emerys the cutest older couple. We helped set up their Christmas tree!! Then after we went to dinner with our less active Tiffany and talked to her about the things she was struggling with and wow she has come such a long way and is so close to being a returning member!! 

After dinner we ran over to the clarks another less active Hispanic and black family and I love them so much. They are SOO fun! We helped Wendy make Homemade Tamales!!!!! SOO AWESOME!! She had to make 100 but we ended up making like 250 so that's awesome!!! 

Sunday was the best again and we started this thing they do with the missionaries every year where we deliver pieces of the nativity and then invite to the ward party so we are having so much fun doing dong ditching hahah :) 

But what I learned most this week is that the most foundational truth of all time is that GOD loves us. Whenever you feel like you aren't important and aren't loved, the god of the universe is mindful of you. Never forget that. You are loved and you can trust and have faith in that and that's all that matters. 

I love you all

I hope you are all taking e chance to serve and come closer to Jesus Christ by #LightingTheWorld each day ❤

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 
πŸ’•πŸ’• Sister Bleak 
National service day making food for a family 
Exchanges 
Someone made hats for all the sisters! πŸ’•
Happy sundays from the doll house sisters(we live together)

Those sweaters tho  

Lunch!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment