Accomplished His Purposes
Greetings from INDE, MO!
Tracting story of the week: Our mission president challenged us to tract more... SOO
Sunday between sessions, we decided to try it out by knocking doors around a
less active's house we tried to visit who wasn't home. So we're like ok sure
let's go knock on this door. And as we walk up the driveway and get closer to
the door, sister A goes: "Sister." And stops dead in her tracks. The
door was open and we realized there was a guy lying on the floor right by the
door. Like not moving. so we just slowly backed away and hoped he wasn't dead.
Probably passed out.
BUT we gave a Book of Mormon to the man at the next house!
Anyways, this week was pretty darn great! We were able to see a
ton of little miracle tender mercies being able to contact some solid people!!
Lots of part member families and kids of those families were way excited to
talk to us! So we are going to get some awesome things happening!
Another fun miracle was that my uncle showed up at the Visitor
Center!!! It was SOO fun to see him! And be able to show him the visitor center
and share everything I have learned! Such a neat experience and huge tender
mercy
️
A lot of other things happened like we tried to go to the
Liberty Jail with our investigator and the Stake president, BUT she canceled,
BUT she came to watch Conference. I also went on exchanges with Sister Davies
who is like my soul sister she is awesome and we took an interesting tour where
a couple members brought in their nonmember friends and they ended up bashing
so that was awkward.
BUT here's a sweet miracle. So last night we had some time
before we we were goi to another appointment, and we felt like we should try a
potential in our area book show e had t contacted before. SO it's getting dark
out, but we go try their house and it's that awkward moment when they're are
people in their car in the driveway as you walk up... soooo we walked up anyway
and the guy in the car motions for us to come over and we ask for the guy we
were trying to find and he's like what are you, are you cops? Hahaha were like
no no! So we started telling us about how we're missionaries and what we do,
and he's like oh okay! Come on inside! So we went inside to talk to him and his
wife and they had ALLL these awesome questions and they were super interested
and were so excited to have a copy of the Book of Mormon that was all their
own! Neither of us have very much time but we told them we'd love to come back
and share more and they were like oh yeah how about Saturday afternoon here's
my number!!! So ya next week I'll tell y'all how our appointment with Nekita
and Andre go! (Yes they are black)
OK lastly I loveeeeedddd Conference! I talked to this lady from
CA while doing online teaching, and told her about #LdsConf and told her that
we get to listen to the prophets and apostles of our day, as they reveal to us
what the Lord wants us to know. And she was like "NO WAY. Heck ya I'm
watching that!!" Haha I loved her excitement!
I wrote down questions that I had and filled in the
answers with different quotes as I listened and it just was a testament to me
of how well our father in heaven knows us and how inspired the prophet and
apostles are!!
Conference is also a very humbling experience for me because as
a visitor center missionary, our shifts overlap with the sessions and when
people come into the VC, we gotta take em through. Even if Conference is going.
So I have yet to listen to the first 3 talks of each morning session. So, as an
imperfect human, I get upset at these members who are like "oh we were
just gonna watch Conference later." And I'm like WELL I CANT REALLY DO
THAT. Haha. However, I sucked up my pride and brought these families through.
And I will watch it later, when I can. But as I put my pride and my desires
aside, and remembered my purpose, I had an awesome experience with this family!
They were moving from CA to UT and didn't have a place to live yet and so I was
able to relate to them and the circumstance of moving out of inspiration and
faith.
Just constantly seeking to develop that love that Joseph Smith
describes, "a man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing
his own life, but seeks to bless the entire human race." (Paraphrased).
So basically I really love elder Eyrings talk and elder
Christofferson and Holland and Uchtdprf especially. I loved the theme that we
are never too far out of reach from our Father in Heaven. That we are divine
Sons and Daughters. And we can live up to that! None of us has to be perfect,
but we can strive to be with hope in the Savior.
This week was just really great. The Lord was directing our
paths. Even though we didn't accomplish everything WE wanted to, we know that
we accomplished everything HE needed us to. I just really have noticed how the
Lord is in the details. He recognizes our diligence and our faith, and
consecrates our efforts to be according to His plan. Sometimes as we seek to
follow our plan and go through our day, it can be easy to treat it all like a
checklist of things to do. But as I have sincerely tried to remember what this
work is really about - that I and my companion are first and foremost disciples
and representatives of Jesus Christ - then we are more likely to follow the spirit
and divert from our plans so we can minister to the one. Like choosing to stand
outside our apartment before we went home, talking to a lady who had a hard day
and sharing with her that someone loves her and died for her so she could have
joy. That's what it's all about.
Love you all,
Sister Bleak
️
️
Daynin the life at the VC
UNCLE JASON BLEAK CAME TO SEE ME! 😭❤️
President Cato and his staff.
50 CENT CORN DOGS
VC sistas
Exchanges with Sister Davies!! 🌺
Conference @ the VC!
UNCLE JASON BLEAK CAME TO SEE ME! 😭❤️
President Cato and his staff.
50 CENT CORN DOGS
VC sistas
Exchanges with Sister Davies!! 🌺
Conference @ the VC!






No comments:
Post a Comment