Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 19, 2017

May 5, 2017 "All I could think is that's not long enough"

"All I could think is that's not long enough"

Hello helloooo! Happy May!!! (Why does time keep flying by so fast?!) 

Sorry this will be shorter, nothing too miraculous to report on, lots of appointments fell through, and then just got the usual anxiety because transfer time is upon us once again. (This Thursday) 

Sister Udall got a training call!!! Trainin' right outta 12 Week cus she is a pro!! 
She will be the best little mom to the new little missionary!

Sadly, however, this means that after a VERY VERY short 6 weeks, I will probably have to leave the celestial land of Liberty 1st Ward. 
I will be so so sad. This ward has been the best ward I have been in!! And I can't even think about having to leave my Investigators!! Ahh. But so is the mission life. 
Learning how to submit to God's will and finding joy in whatever way He directs your path. 

I learned a lot this week about finding that joy and feeling God's love. 
We had exchanges this week, and I was with the lovely Sister Anderson. 
I am so grateful for her, because she helped me answer a question I had had for a very long time. She gave me some advice that I have applied this week and that I want to invite each of you to do as well! 
She told me to take the time every night to go somewhere alone and pray - just talk to God out loud. Be completely honest with Father in Heaven about your thoughts and feelings. Believe and hope that He is there listening. Pause and listen to the promptings of the spirit as you ask questions and share your thoughts. 
You think I would have been doing this all along, but honestly I had slacked off in the sincerity of my prayers and let me tell you that is detrimental! 

I am so grateful for the power of prayer. As we are open with our Heavenly Father, He can be open with us. We open up our heart to hear Him and accept His will. We feel that He understands us and loves us. Having this simple knowledge/confirmation will help you through ANY trial. 

This past Sunday we also had the most amazing lesson about the conference talk from October: "Joy and Spiritual Survival" 
The discussion we had about it was a direct answer to what I had been praying for for weeks. And they started with this question:Look at one 24hour period in your life. And analyze what percentage of that 24 hr period do you feel true joy? 
With that in mind, the talk is all about finding joy no matter what the circumstances. And self-evaluate for a second... Easier said than done... So how do we do this? 

Focus on Christ

D&C 6:36 says, "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not." 

But how can we look to Christ in our thoughts? 
Someone made the comment that chemically in our brains, we think in pictures! 
As we picture Christ, and imagine what He would do in the situations we are placed in, we can feel of the joy that He has. Because our thoughts are then connected to our feelings, we feel as Christ would. 

 Christ felt joy as He was suffering for us. He felt joy as He was paying for our sins!! He felt that joy because He was thinking of all the joy that His Atonement would bring US. He could have joy in the moment, because He knew of the future joy that would come from what He was going through now. 

In the MTC I prayed for a hard mission. Why? Because I wanted it to be a life (and all eternity) changing experience. I only have so much time to completely devote myself to God, and submit to His will completely. I wanted to work my hardest, be tested, and grow. And it has been that way! I can't say I have had pure joy the whole time it has been hard, but I know I can have joy amidst affliction as I look forward to the blessings and joy that will later come. 

And it is worth it. 
The gospel is always worth it. 

We never have to wallow in self pity, never have to succumb to the depths of despair if we will remember Christ. So don't do that! If you are, as Elder Holland once said, "How Dare you." When we do that we mock Christ and His Atonement. 
And we owe it to Jesus to be joyful! 

This work is great. It is true. 
Much love. 
I'll let you know next week where I am! Pray I stay in the jail! (I hopefully will) 

Have a happy day! :) 

 Sister Bleak 

Pics!

1. Sister Peterson (went home my 2 transfer) came to visit with Sarah my recent convert! 
2. Sister bishop and sister Brinegar brought my investigator Micheal who we found last transfer in Crooked River and I got to take him through! He is getting baptized may 20!! :))
3. Bff 
4. Started saying goodbye to people.. this is the Ames. My heroes. Our ward mission leader and former mission president. They are the best. 
5. The millers and burchs!!! 
6. Goodbye to my favorite senior couple The Wilsons. They head home this week :( They got me through the beginning of my mission. Love them to death! 
(And all the rest). Got to be a part of the Zone barbecue at a members home yesterday!! Had some fun festivities there #ClassicLifeInMissoura

Today we met up with my returning member from Crooked River and my fav
people!! Fun day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment