Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Oct. 10, 2017 "We're having a blast out here!"

We’re having a blast out here

Once upon a time, Sister Angerbauer and Sister Bleak were having a lovely evening at the Visitor Center. A cute couple comes out of the shadows of Independence into the light of the VC. Coming from a 3 our of 5 stars YSA activity this boy and his friend thats a girl (NOT girlfriend), these two wanted to look around. Sister A and I quickly discerned that this girl was no member. So we show them around, taking them through Gods plan, showed them all the copies of the Book of Mormon and started talking about missions and next thing you know it, we have found out that this guy, (his name was Tanner) has a brother in the same mission as my brother! What a coincidence! But wait - it gets better. I asked him what his last name was and he's like Wadsworth. And Im like oh haha .. thats funny, I am related to some Wadsworths. And he's like well... My family is from Panaca. If you've ever heard of it. He says this doubtfully. YA IVE HEARD OF IT. Lolol sooooo ya then he says his dad's like best friend is Jared Bleak. soooooooooooooooooo then it just got weird because thats MY DADS name. 
Anyway Dad, I met Tanner Wadsworth. Son of Brian Wadsworth I think. (they both got weirded out after that and left ha. ha.) ...
But yeah, basically just day in the life at the Visitor Center. Just chillin with my 3rd cousin. 

Haha this week was pretty crazy! Long and good but crazy!

We'll just cut to the chase though.... SISTER ANGERBAUER AND I BOTH GOT TRAINING CALLS!!!! 
That means for the last 6 weeks of my mission I get to train a brand new missionary!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! So tomorrow night we will find out which one of us will stay in our area, and who has to leave and either follow up train or whitewash train! But I won't know where I'm going until Thursday morning at transfers. AAAAAhhhhh. (so pls pray i get to just finish in the VC)

This week we have also had all these reps from the Mission Department from Salt Lake observing our mission. Like how we do things... like even how we plan in the morning. haha one woman came to our apartment at 6:30am in her pjs to plan with us lol so that was funny. BUT they are coming to observe our mission because we are one of 12 missions who are testing out new technology. So first we are allowed to use skype as an online proselyting tool (for teaching center online teaching for those who remember that I do that as a VC sister) BUT also,w e are getting ... wait for it ....... SMART PHONES IN THE MISSION!! not til like november but we are going to be using those for proselyting instead of our tablets and ipads now! Itll be cray. Then they'll implement Facebook and all that. So its crazy but kinda cool how amazing the church is and what they can do!

other things that happened this week were: Half mission conference with Elder Echo Hawk! He did a mission tour and it was AMAAAZING!! I just really had so many prayers answered this week. Specific prayers that I'd been praying for a long time.
Both Elder and Sister Echo Hawk are converts to the church, and they shared their conversion story. It was so powerful! He taught us that we don't always see the big picture of where these people will end up.. But we need to know how important we are! President Love talked about having faith - having confidence in the Lord and His promises and having confidence in ourselves. (btrw my subject line is an actual quote from President Love - hes the best) There were so many other amazing things said that I just cant write. 

But the other best thing that happened this week was ARIELLE GOT BAPTIZED!!!! My bff from Liberty 1st that Sister Udall and I found! She was the one who got engaged while we were there and just was so prepared. That was like one of the best days of my life. 
Arielle was literally soooo happy to be getting baptized. She (and all of us missionaries) was just so excited that it was finally the day! 

Saturday also was the trainer's meeting and with all the different representatives from Salt Lake, it was the most AMAZING meeting!!! 
I just really felt so comforted this week. I feel that there is so much power in Faith. But theres also a lot of power in doubt. And we CANNOT let our doubts get the best of us. We really have to make an effort to believe and remember how much God loves us and how much trust He has in US! 
We never know how much of an effect we have and how great an effect that Heavenly Father has in our lives and the lives of others! 

At Arielle's baptism, Arielle pulled Sister Udall and I aside as we were taking pictures and she said, "I just want you two to know how much of a difference you have made in my life. I was so unhappy. And you two girls saved my life. I will never forget what you've done for me." 

We can work miracles as instruments in the hands of the Lord if we trust in Him. But we have to trust Him! And trust ourselves! It was the Nephites who fell into iniquity when they began to dwindle in unbelief!! But we have every reason to believe. Because God is Good and He is there for us. He knows each of us and Oh how great His promises are for His children! But none of this matters if you don't choose to believe it.  So believe it!

I just love being a missionary. I truly just feel SO SOSO grateful. It is hard to express all that I feel about my mission and the people I've met and the experiences I've had. I will treasure this time forever. 

Love you all,

Sister Bleak 

Pictures! 

Mission conference! 
Little puppies!!! 
Restoration branch bookstore 
Love my cuties!!! 
Compy 
District 
KFC every night. Classic 
Arielles big day! And no we didn't plan the floral 
Morning pday volleyball w the homies 
Lunch with the Bronson's! 














No comments:

Post a Comment