Pentecostals, Zone Conf, armed fugitive, & BAPTISM!
Hello
happy Monday once again!!!
Another
week as a missionary, going to random houses and hoping they invite you in!
Haha but really wow this week was literally packed and insane. So I'll break it
out into the few major things:
So
this week we were going to find a lady who had been referred to us. It was the
wrong address but they said she lived in that complex so we ask around and find
her house and we go over and it's this sweet old black lady and all her family
and neighbors over and they let us right in and we got to talking to them and
he were asking us all questions and one of them was like "well you know
we're Pentecostals right? So like I don't know if that shows you anything
..." but we told them how we just help people strengthen the faith they
already have by teaching lessons & they said we could come back!! So we
went back a couple days later and taught them the Restoration and it was
awesome! They all were there and I think one of the guys was drunk but they all
felt the spirit especially when we shared the first vision.
But
it was awesome!! I love them so much! They are so passionate about Christ and
they're all black and loving and wow just that's Missouri for ya. So we're
gonna convert all the Pentecostal church in Plattsburg because we are going
back Wednesday!!!!
This
week we also had zone conference!!! And it was the Worldwide Mission Broadcast!
That was so awesome. The mission council for the church (elder Oaks, bednar, a
couple people from the seventy I couldn't name off he top of my head) all went
over the broadcast last year and basically did a question and answer and taught
us all about what it means to teach repentance and baptize Converts and how to
apply that to our everyday work. It was so helpful and inspiring!!
They
also announce a CHANGE IN OUR MISSIONARY SCHEDULE!!!! Ground breaking news
people!!!!!! Not much is different. We still wake up at 6:30 and exercise and
stuff but we don't have nightly planning, and we can do things in whatever
order we want. We have from 6:30 to 10 to exercise get ready eat and have 30
min to plan and 1 hr to do personal study. Then from 10-9 or 9:30 we have comp
study we can do for either 30-60 min and u can do twelve week and language
study whenever. And only 30 min for lunch. It's supposed to help us be more
effective and stuff and lemme tell you not having nightly planning is the
BEST!! We get more rest because we can go to bed right away! So i am getting
used to it. It's weird. I like it when people just tell me what to do instead
of being an agent unto myself. But it's supposed to prepare me for the real
world I guess.
So
Zone Conference was amazing and I learned a lot!! It got out late so we were on
our way home to make it to dinner and we realize we have like 4 missed calls
and voicemails. Apparently, the town of Lawson where we live and we're having
dinner was on lockdown because an armed fugitive with two loaded rifles and he
was hiding out somewhere and there were helicopters and swat and cops
everywhere!! So we are like uhhh so do we go back to Lawson then? Long story
short we prayed and talked to our leaders and decided it would be okay and we
would be with a priesthood holder. So we went to dinner and had our lesson and
a half hour before we got in for the night they caught the guy! And he was
hiding out at apartments right by Sarah's house where we were! But we lived and
it's all good :)
And
to end off the crazy awesome week we had SARAHS BAPTISM!!!! Amazingly
everything went off without a hitch and worked out and was amazing! Especially
since Sarah's daughter Vayda got super sick the day before. Like she had strep,
an upper respiratory infection AND the stomach flu. So she got a blessing and
we had her baptism and it was amazing!! The speakers really brought the spirit
and you could tell Sarah was feeling it. She was SOO excited too! And overall
it was just so amazing! And she was confirmed on Sunday and wow just blessings.
That's what it is all about.
She
has so much hope and I just know her life will improve! She has come such a
long way and been through so much and now she has the Lord and the Holy Ghost
with her always and things are just going to get better!!
But
man can I just say I LOOOVEEEEEE being a missionary.
Yesterday
I had the opportunity of sharing my story with the youth. Of how I gained my
testimony and how I ended up on a mission. And wow being able to reflect on all
of that and all of the experiences I have had I just am so thankful that I have
a Heavenly father who knows me perfectly. Truly "all things work together
for the good of them that love God."
There
is so much happiness and true joy that ONLY comes from Jesus Christ. Wow I love
life. I love the gospel. I love Jesus.
In
the words of our bishop "Be excited that Jesus Christ lives. Be excited
that He loves you."
Thanks
for your love and support. Have the most amazing week!!!
Talks
to read this week:
"Quick
to observe" elder bednar ensign dec 2006
"Do
I believe?" Sister oscarson april 2016
"
Candle of the lord" Boyd k packed
Ps.
The sweetest returning member in our ward gives all the missionaries a nickname
and he finally came up with mine: Sister Sparkle. Hahaha. He said that all
missionaries have a glow about them but mine is especially bright. Best
compliment I have ever gotten

Some more pictures for you all
Here is a pic of all the cops
Here is a pic of all the cops










No comments:
Post a Comment