Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mar. 28, 2017 "Farewell Far Blessed, Hello Liberty"

Farewell Far Blessed, Hello Liberty

FAMILY!!! So sorry I didnt email yesterday, my P-Day is now Tuesday!! #VC probs

Transfers were this past Thursday and I was told to pack my bags! I left my baby, Sister Brinegar, and the boonies and all the people that I love up in Crooked River... and came down to Liberty Missouri!!! 

I am now living the dream, follow-up training my bff Sister Dawson's baby, Sister Udall (from Linden, UT) serving at the Historic Liberty Jail!! I love it here so much!!! 

So my new address is: 
211 N. Gallatin St. Liberty, MO 64068  or you can send to 
216 N. Main St. Liberty, MO 64068

This week was craaazzyy!! It was so sad having to say goodbye to all the people I love so much in Crooked River. I was honestly not expecting to leave. Sister Brinegar thought she would leave, and thats what I felt too. BUT here we are! And honestly I couldn't be happier! 

The beginning of this week started out with lots of goodbyes, but we were also able to have a couple super solid last lessons!! 

After praying with the whole zone for 2 weeks that our investigator Michael would be able to meet with us, we texted him on Tuesday and we asked if he would be free that night and want to join us at a members house for dinner and a lesson, and he said YES!! (literally hasnt agreed to a lesson in 2 weeks) MIRACLE!!!! 
We had the most solid lesson with him and the Watkins family and at the end we asked him to pray about all of this and to know if it was true.. he paused for a second and he said, "Well I mean Im pretty sure I already got an answer.... and I know its true."  !!! 
So we invited him to be baptized on April 22 and he ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! SOO AWESOME!!! 
Sadly though, that night was when we got the call that I would be transferred ... :( 

So Wednesday we said bye to a ton of people and had the last BEST DISTRICT LUNCH 
We met at the Fishing River ward's Bishop, Bishop Walker's basically mansion and this guy from their ward made us goat meat and some other missouri backwoods food.
I will seriously miss our district so much though!! They are legit the best and we are all just going to be bffs forever. 

Thursday was transfers and there was all th craziness that comes with that. But literally we had been doing some transfer predictions and I was like okay i hope so badly that I can go to the Liberty Jail and follow-up train sister Udall, but I knew that would be too good to be true.... so when we read the transfer roster i literally died

It has been such a blast even just these first few days with my new comp Sister Udall. She is the cutest and such a blessing. She is so loving and sweet and just so energetic and pumped about doing the Lords work!! We also live in the cutest little house legitimately right next to the liberty jail (we share the same parking lot like it is probably 10 ft away) and we live with other sisters and all share clothes and it is just a blast!! 

First some adventures, and then some spiritual expereinces....

Sister Udall and I went dumpster diving our first day...dont worry it was only a recyling dumpster. But apparently cardboard doesnt go in there.....lol

Also apparently I got Poison Ivy from cleaning the cemetary at the Crooked River Battle Site 
and as my mom probably knows, I am quite allergic to poison ivy. 
It didnt show up until Thursday morning and it wasnt that bad so I got the cream that I needed and have been applying it and all but Saturday it wasnt better and by Monday (yesterday) it was almost getting worse. We called the mission nurse and I told her how it was pussy and inflamed and burning more than itching... and she suggested I better go to an urgent care. So we waited like 3 more hours and left after shift... hahah 
I had no idea what poison ivy was really supposed to look like so I kind of just figured mine looked mostly normal, but when I showed the nurses, they were like " Oh, my." And kind of took a step back. Lol yeah I guess it was a lot worse than I thought. 
No worries though, all they gave me was a prescription for some sterioids to take this week to help the swelling go down, and now I just wait for it to get better. They said it will probably take a few more weeks to a month though. Rip. 

Anyways, on a brighter note....

Thursday night we went to this weekly Book of Mormon class that happens every Thursday and our recent convert Patricia came and she is seriously the cutest!! It was awesome! 
We also had an amazing lesson with the part member family the Whites! Charisma is so cool, and her husband, Micah isnt a member, but they are both awesome! The Spirit was super strong as we testified of how Micah could find out for himself about whether God is real. We testified to him and invited him to watch Conference this weekend and promised him that as he watched it, he will come to know our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ better. 

That is something conference has always done for me, because its like (andthis is how we explained it to Micah) Its like going around the room and each person talks about the same person. Even if that person youre talking about isnt there, or you dont even know them, as everyone shares about the expereinces they have had with that same person, you get to know them from listening to others. I don't know if that make sense, but I know that as we listen to prophets and apostles testify of our Divine Father in Heaven, the Spirit bears witness to us that He is real. 

Attending the Women's Broadcast was amazing too!! Our investigator Laura came and the had so much fellowship and really enjoyed it and agreed to watching a couple conference sessions with us this weekend!! 
I loved all the talks given, honestly, but my favorite was what President Eyring talked about with the peace that the gospel brings. Peace is honestly the most powerful feeling and to me the greatest feeling that comes from Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

I have also LOOVVEED serving at such a special place as the Historic Liberty Jail. 
There is a lot of history, which i definitely dont have all down yet (but it is coming :)) 
But the spirit here in this sacred building is so strong. I have loved having the opportunity to take through so many wonderful people (it has been so busy it is awesome!) and be able to share my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the power of revelation. 
I love meeting the people that come in, and it is amazing because there are so many nonmembers that come to visit just because it is a historical place! They undoubtably feel the spirit there! 
Friday, we had the opportunity to take through a group of FLDS members. Aka polygamists. It was so interesting to be honest. But one of the men in particular was so into the presentation, and was truly feeling the spirit. He shared how he had been to a Mormon church before, and he believes its all true, but throughout time it has gotten messed up and the ways of man have taken over. We testified of a true and living prophet today and invited them to watch General Conference this coming weekend and said we would follow up with him to see what he thought. So we got a referral out of it too!! 

Truly I am just so grateful to be having this opportunity. I try to not take any day for granted, because it is such a privaledge and blessing to be a missionary,but not only that, to be able to serve in such a historic and holy place as where Joseph spent some of the hardest months of his life, but also received so much strength and love from God during those hard times.

I know that we all go through little Gethsemane's during our time here on earth. But as we keep the eternal perspective, and remember that "the son of man hath descended below them all," we will be given the strength we need to get through trials. And as we turn to God, those trials we have can become refining and purifying expereiences. 

I love you all!!! Make this week amazing.

Much love, Sister Bleak 

Look up these videos:

A compilation of all the First Vision accounts recently released by the church 

Hope Works Video Series - "One Question That Puts Life into Perspective" 

(its kind of long, sorry, but it is worth it! This guy is hilarious and quite inspiring) 





















No comments:

Post a Comment