joy & blessings:)
Hello all!!
Mostly the week consisted of the norm... which will also give
you a little snapshot into my life as a missionary.
Countless "it's Bleak like Steaks" and "I know,
the spelling doesn't make sense at all" - can't even name how many
times I had to repeat this, on tours and at church...
Getting cotton mouth and having near amputation of my feet
because of the number of tours I took. Literally we are with a whole group
giving a monologue (basically because very few people actually like to answer
questions and participate lol) for almost an hour, only to start it right over
again with no breaks. For example I sat down for a total of 30 min in the 6hour
time period of being on shift.
So that's a huge struggle because you become EXHAUSTED. Like ah
man you just give these people all you got and you LOVE it , but at the same
time it is hard to not just say the same thing every time and to take tours
back to back its harder to listen to the spirit when you're just tired. It is
amazing to just testify and teach about these amazing events to people all
day!
This week we had 2 exchanges! As sister leaders we go on
exchanges where we each swap companions for the day and blitz our area. I was
with Sister Mease who's from Idaho and just barely got to the mission. She also
serves here in the jail and we actually live with their companionship in the
same house. So she took my place in Lib. 1st but I won't hold that over her ;)
She is the sweetest and has so much fire for missionary work! We had a blast
together!
But I just realized this week how much joy service brings us,
how we get to focus on others for 18 months straight! And when we focus on
others, we feel the pure love of Christ and subsequently feel the pure joy of
Christ. Serving others just makes you happy!
I was also with Sister Osburn who is in the Shoal Creek Ward
full pros. So we spent our full pros day together! Sister Osburn is also from
Idaho and she's been out a couple months! She is such a kind chill person hahah
she also is so sweet. We got to do lots of service together sorting papers for
literally like 3 hours and then helping move our bishops parents. But at the
end of the night we had a lesson with a little recent convert 11 yr old. We
finished watching the restoration movie at the jail. And ah man sis Osburn and
I just bawled the whole time. The spirit was so strong, and especially being at
the Liberty Jail... we were just overwhelmed.
Serving here has made the history and the people in the history
of the church all the more real. I feel like I know Joseph Smith personally. He
is going to be one of the people I am most excited to meet in the life
after.
I testify of what D&C 135: "Joseph
Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for
the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in
it."
Praise to the man!
The main event of this week was being able to attend Micheal
Dolts baptism!!!!
he was my miracle in Crooked River. The spirit prompted me
that we needed to go see this random former investigator .. even though his
teaching record said he had moved and it was basically a dead end. But he still
lived there and he was so prepared and actually right before I left the area I
put him on date. He has struggled with the word of wisdom but this week he
finally got baptized!
The joy and spirit and love in the room was amazing!!! It was so
cool to see how Micheal had progressed and grown and changed even more, and he
was so happy!!!!
Ahh man. People this is what it's all about. Being able to
witness Gods children make Covenants with Him, that open up the gate to eternal
life!!!!
It was amazing.
I just love being a missionary. I have learned so many countless
lessons, and have been able to see life a whole new way.
Something that has helped me so much this week is having a
constant focus on what's most important. Striving to see things the way that
Christ would see them. This is like a conscious effort. But as we remember what
is more important, keeping the eternal perspective of life... our view opens up
and we find that real joy!
Ahhh love u all! Have an amazing week!!
Today we are going to a museum in Kansas City!! So more pics to
come!
Pics:
Sister Mease
Sister Osburn
Yard work 4 life
Micheals baptism!!! All his nonmember kids came!! Yayy!!
Such happiness!
Yay4 BFFS
Sonic jammin w our homie Emily all the way back from the
baptism! :)
Tornado warnings no biggy
Went to the WWI museum in
downtown Kansas City w our homie Brooke!
There's a cool tower there and a cool view of the skyline :)
There's a cool tower there and a cool view of the skyline :)














No comments:
Post a Comment