Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Oct. 4, 2017 "To Whom Shall You Go?"

Wowwwwwieeeee. 
I feel like every week I always say that this week was crazier than the last week. 
Well this week was definitely crazy. 
So I guess I'll start with the fact that I lost another companion :( 
My dear sweet sister Werber was sent home suddenly and to a shock to us this past Wednesday because of some health problems that were only now just uncovered. 
We took the rest of our pday last week and helped her pack up her things because she had to leave the next day at noon. We had to meet up with president (after I had emailed) and she had another interview with him and stuff. And we got really hungry so Sister Vest and I went to go grab food for them at a Greek place and brought it back. So we got to have lunch with our Mission President and his wife! It was so nice! Hahaha pres. and sister vest are so funny. We asked them about the story of how they met and they were just fighting over whether she stalked him or not, it was hilarious. You just gotta meet em to truly understand. So that was a nice bitter sweet memory to have as a companionship. 
Basically I cried all morning Wednesday before we had to drop Sister Werber off because I love her so much. 
SO IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN CEDAR CITY YOU GO FIND HER AND GIVE HER MY LOVE. 

But God makes up for hardships with miracles because Wednesday we GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR. his name is Scott. He actually showed up to his return appointment! Hahah we met at Barnes and nobles per his request with another ward member and we taught him the restoration! He is so funny because he gets off topic really easily and isn't a very in depth person but he is way nice and really is sincere. He said that he knows that it was God telling him to go outside when he did to run into us and he wants to give this a try. He had lots of random questions like "does your church have a hospital?" (No Scott that's st. Mary's. That's catholic) right in the middle of us telling the Joseph smith story ... lol. But he was awesome! And we set a return appointment for Saturday. Thursday sister Soto received a training call for this next transfer!! Woohoo! So she will be training!! Bittersweet bc I know she'll be amazing! .... but I wanted to stay companions :( 

So Friday morning I had a little exchange so she could go to the trainers meeting, so two other sisters came with me to have studies and then lunch at our ward mission leaders house before correlation. That morning we also debuted for our Friday training meeting at the visitor center a cute music video we had made!! Where we had all the sisters video a little part to put to the efy song and it's so cute! I am going to try to send it and hope it's not too big of a file. 

Then Saturday we had shift so we watched conference at the visitor center! 
I missed like the last 4 talks because a couple came in and I had to give them a presentation 🙃 at least they were a nice old couple and they felt the spirit so that's what matters 💁🏼 

For the afternoon session, we rushed to get to our less actives house (bc 30 min away) and she said she was laying down and to not come until an hour after it started. So we detoured and went to the church out in blue springs. Missing the beginning of the first talk ... then we left halfway through and watched a piece of the conference with Brandy and Kanaan! Then had dinner with them :)  
Saturday was our lesson with Scott too! Hahah okay so we called Scott about him going to the priesthood session and he was very hesitant. He said he doesn't really get along well with guys, he's just too much of a ladies man. We're like okay we understand, but we promise you there will be lots other ladies men there ... 🙄 hahaha. Then he precedes to tell us yet again about how he had a female instructor who was older than him in college and she was all flirty with him and he's like "I dunno it must just be my long eyelashes or somethin" and were like mmkay Scott whatever you say... haha. SO we were planning to have a lesson at the church right before the priesthood session and then he could see what it was like and decide if he would stay (which he would). But we rush over to the church and call Scott to see where he's at and he ends up canceling because he has to be at some family gathering. 😐 but that's okay. So we planned then to watch conference with him Sunday morning! 

So Sunday morning we were scrambling to call people just to make sure we wouldn't be alone with Scott watching it at the church. So we proceed to call a bunch of ward members - all of which are unwilling to help and disinclined to acquiesce to our request .. (pirates of the Caribbean anyone? Lol) so yeah I was a little perturbed. Did elder oaks not just say that we have to work with the missionaries as members?!?
So all you at home, PLEASE go out on teamups PLEASE align your priorities to be willing to help in our fathers work of the salvation of souls. PLEASE. Do it for me. 
No, do it for Jesus! 

Okay anyway it turned out okay ... or somewhat okay... because we found someone to come. Before the conference though we had an appointment so we go over there and they're actually the neighbors to some investigators we had who we have been unable to contact (David and Mack) and we show up and Mack is sitting on his porch outside! So we go talk to him and see how he's doing. And we find out that Mack is a rapper and has shows every so often (he nonchalantly mentioned this as to why he may not be able to attend the ward luau we invited him to) and hen his little brother was downstairs still resting from a fight he had been in the night before (not just any fight because he apparently is an MMA fighter ...) hahah. Sadly our appointment wasn't home, so we went over to the church. 

 So we are calling Scott to see if he can still make it to conference and he answers and sounds like he's in somewhat of a panic and he says "you know what I'm so sorry but imma have to cancel again, my girlfran just got thrown into jail" and were like OKAY WHAT? First. rappers and MMA fighters and now arrested girlfriends?!? 
Happy sabbath from good old Missouri!!! Hahaha. 
SOO ya we watched conference by ourselves at the church  then ate lunch and then had a lesson with a part member family - Ayana and trace. Two unmarried people who are living together and have the cutest little baby. Trace is a member and Ayanna is not. But we talked all about that they really want in life and eternal families and Ayanna said that's what she wanted and so we taught about baptism and she said she would have an answer for us next time! This is huge because she has shied away from baptism for a long timmeeee. But we had them turned over from the elders to us so YAAA!! It's awesome 

Then we got to watch conference with John and Betty Davies :) he ward mission leader in Inde 4. They're the best!! 

Yesterday we had a crazy day and Scott had to cancel on us once again because he needs to bail his gf out of jail, and he's the only one that can because her parents aren't legal citizens .... but he hasn't been able to because he also got in a car accident and totaled his car! Thankfully he is okay! But dang he just is having such a hard time right now. And his gf treats him like crap and he can't even always understand her because she like only speaks Spanish and it's just a bad situation ... so we were on the phone with him for a while yesterday and everything and we felt like emotionally drained. Like all the weight of his problems on us and it was not fun! 
So he couldn't come to the VC to watch the restoration but he was really sad because he really wanted to. And he's like I'm really trying to make an effort but all these crazy things keep happening! So pls #PRAYFORSCOTT 

Anyways that was our crazy week, but let me leave you with my learnings and things I loved most about conference!!! 
I LOVEDDDD how it was all about the true essence of the gospel and about how we need to know and study the doctrine and then LIVE it!!! 
PEOPLE!! We need to step up and become to God wants us to be! We can't just lazily go through life and worry about all the meaningless crap that's out there, putting our eternal salvation on the line!! We need to be the stalwart warriors in Zion today! Because the world is crazy and it's only gonna get crazier. And I don't even know all the crazy stuff that's happening. But you can just tell. 
I love the boldness that our prophet and apostles had in testifying to us of the things we must do. HEED THEIR COUNSEL! They will tell us all things what we should do! Just like the scriptures!! 
I know they are prophets of God. I know that we all just heard the saviors voice through His prophets. 
My favorite thing about conference is that we come to know the savior so much more because we hear him described by his servants over and over and over. 
I LOVEEED that it was all so much about faith and trusting God and doing what he's asked us to do. And especially repenting! Oh how beautiful repentance is!! It is indescribable!!! I hate that repentance has this negative connotation because of the fact that it's associated with mistakes and sins, but truly the feeling of repentance and experiencing that forgiveness is the BEST thing that we could have in this life!! 
And the only way we can get that is through Christ. I loved the talks about how we. Am find joy in Christ and how we don't need to complicate the gospel because it's that simple! Not only is Christ our mark as Quentin L Cook I think said but Jesus Christ is Joy. As president Nelson said. That hit me. I feel like I have always been the person that is dependant upon happy circumstances to feel like I have a happy life. But no, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. We can experience joy because we know that through the atonement everything will be made right! There is nothing no pain no hardship that will ever last eternally. Because of Christ's sacrifice. The only hardships and consequences that will last are those we bring upon ourselves. 
So I love that M. Russell Ballard says: "To whom shall you go?" 
Really. 
There is NONE OTHER WAY nor means whereby man can be saved!!!! 
That's something I know with every fiber of my being!
Again, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. 
Jesus. Heist is where we find true peace and happiness in life. I feel like I say that 20 million times a day but I don't care, I'll say it 70 million times a day if that's what it takes for people to come to know that! 
That's something I hope we will all do is remember the savior more. Remember that truly HE IS THE WAY. THE TRUTH. AND THE LIGHT. 
I love Him. And I will live all my days declaring that I do. 

Sorry I got a little fired up there but I just love this gospel will all my heart might and mind!!! 
And I love all of you. 

Study the good word & 
Don't forget to pray. 

Sis Bleak 💕
Saying goodbye to sweet sis Werber. 😭 you can't tell but I'd been crying all morning. 
4thward fam right here. The Davies - ward mission leader 
District meeting 
Brandy and kanaan❤❤
Ldsconf at the church 

The Davies asleep hahaha 





No comments:

Post a Comment