Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sept. 11, 2017 "Must Read"

Must Read
OKAY EVERYONE I HAVE BEEN OUT FOR OVER A YEAR AND THIS LITERALLY HAS BEEN THE CRAZIEST WEEK OF MY MISSION!!!!

there is too much to talk about to include it all in the subject so just buckle up to hear all about this week.

So this week started pretty pleasant, sister Draper had her training call so we all thought I would stay in the area, we started saying some goodbyes, and had some good lessons... 

Bella, one of the Stafford girls actually finally chose her date of September 16!!! AHH so exciting!!! 
and we were just talking to them and telling them about the craziness of transfers and they were like, well I hope that they don't take both of  you because we just started gaining real trust with yall. 

WELL GUESS WHAT. THAT VERY THING HAPPENED. the unspeakable. Whitewashing Doniphan. 
We got the text Tuesday night and we were soooo mad and sad. Just so worried about our investigators. And I had the worst anxiety about what was going to happen because I had no idea what would! I have already spent 6 months at both the jail and the visitor center. 

It was sad to say goodbye to everyone and to leave the area, but Sister Draper and I, even though it didnt make sense in our heads, we felt very peaceful about it. We know the ward will take care of everyone. 
We also got to take all the new missionaries together, and it was such a powerful tour. A good last experience of being able to be a missionary at the jail. :')

So anyways transfer day came, and I was freaking out - you would think that I wouldnt get nervous any more.... buuuuut ya i still was -  And I found out that I was going BACK out full pros into KANSAS!!! Lenexa Kansas to be exact!!!! 

I was excited but not anticipating that. So my new comp and me, Sister Soutas set out for Lenexa! She is awesome. She actually was in the same ward as Kristine and Austin AND met Mckay at Deseret Book before the mission!!! 
I was a little nervous about being full pros again (and going all the way out to Kansas what the heck) but the assistants told me that I was very much needed there. The Spirit had confirmed to them. And I truly felt that as well. Even though it took a little for me to get used to, going out and talking to people really took all my fear and anxiety away. I was filled with the spirit and with charity for all the people we saw. And we talked to everyone! We didnt do that much in Liberty because they usually got mad if you approached them. (it just wasnt a good technique there) But here literally every single person we talked to wanted to learn more!!! It was amazing!!! 
So we had a few return appointments, all from people just outside their apartments, or at the gas station, or from houses we had tracted into, or even from someone out walking their dog!!! 
AAAAHHH I felt like I was actually being a missionary! (its just different in the jail and VC) 

SATURDAY WAS AMAZING THOUGH. This is the second crazy thing that happened. 
Elder CHRISTOFFERSON came to our mission! With Elder Anderson and Elder Wakolo of the seventy!! (elder anderson is the one who gave the talk about the music of the gospel) 

So we had an all mission conference and each of them spoke to us. Elder Christofferson even opened it up for a question and answer session. 
A few things I want to share about that is how much he talked about the power of Jesus Christ. Not just the Atonement, because (as he said in conference) the Atonement really is just the power of Jesus Christ. He didnt share anything super profound, he didnt give us any secret tips or new commandments.... he just simply taught of the doctrine of Christ. He talked about how hopeful the gospel is. He said you know, God knows that we wont be perfect. All He wants us to do is to keep on trying. To keep trying to be our best. And if we just keep persevering, and stay on the path - the path to eternal life... that path may be a long one... but it will lead us home safe and sound.
We never have to worry, we dont have to just have confidence in ourselves (because alone, we probably wont overcome it all) but with Him, who has already overcome all things... we CAN.
He said, "Don't live in fear. Keep smiling, you've got a lot to smile about. And the best thing is that you're His servant, you are close to the Lord and He is close to you."

When he closed, he told us that "if the Lord were to look down upon us right now, He wouldnt see a whole group of missionaries. He would see individuals. He knows our struggles and our thoughts and desires individually. In fact, there is nothing about you that He isnt perfectly familiar with. And so, when you pray, you can pray with great faith and confidence that youre talking to someone who knows andl oves you and knows how to help you. Don't ever permit the thought to dwell in you that He doesnt love you, or that He doesnt understand. Its not true. It's totally untrue. 
So turn to Him quite often. And when you go home, turn to Him even more! its not as natural at home as it is as a missionary, and doesnt happen unless you make it happen. But always be aware of the blessing of your missionary service. Sometimes missionaries will go home and think that the Lord owes them. And that makes me sick! 
You came on this mission in debt of Him, and you leave your mission in greater debt! Because of the overwhelming blessing He's given you." 

Ahhhh anyways there's so much more I could say about that conference but truly it was a little piece of Heaven out here in Missouri. I am so grateful to have experienced it.

But then we had to head back out into the world. 
But its okay because the Lenexa area is so nice. It is just nicer in Kansas. And the members were awesome!!! They were sooo welcoming at church and everything. So anyways its been about 4 days into the area and I was feeling pretty good, and was excited to see this through and to be a part of a ton of miracles here......
And then at 4 o'clock on Sunday, after we had finished our studies after church..... we saw our phone and we had several missed calls and a couple voicemails.
One of them was from one of the Assistants (you never wanna get a call from them-- its usually something crazy) And it was.

We called Elder Roberts back and he informed us of a bad situation with a creepy investigator and a sister in Independence and said that President Love felt that there needed to be an emergency transfer for her, and he felt impressed that I should go take her place back in Independence. 

Basically I was pretty stunned. I just got here! And I just started to get used to everything! But I told them I would do it, if that is what the Lord wanted. So they said we had to pack everything and exchange companions that night. I was sad I had to leave Sister Soutas so quick. Because she is the sweetest and such an amazing missionary! And to leave such a great area... But alas.

So yesterday afternoon I packed everything back up again and we met the other sisters in Kansas City, and swapped companions. The other sister went out to Kansas, and I came back to Independence with my new companion Sister Angerbauer!! (I served with her at the jail and Im so excited to be her comp!!) 

But basically my head was spinning, but throughout this entire crazy week, I felt the overwhelming influence of the Holy Ghost. Whether thats from the calm I needed when moving to a new area, or the power and influence to testify with authority, or to confirm to me that I was doing what God needed me to do, and also that I was where God needed me to be. 

Life isnt always cut and dry or predictable, but no matter what happens, I know the Lord is on my side. And I'm just happy to be a missionary :) 

I think of the familiar lines of a familiar hymn: 
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I’ll go where you want me to go.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be.


In the end, it does not matter "where we serve, but how." Trusting that the Lord is there and will always help. I know that to be true. I am just so grateful to simply be a missionary. To declare the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ with anyone who will listen. 

Something Elder Christofferson said as well that I just want to leave you with is this: he said when he is in charge of assigning missionaries, and he feels impressed to assign someone here to the Missouri Independence Mission, he often thinks... "Okay, what is so special about her that she gets to go to that mission?!" And so he said, "You know, maybe its more that the Lord wants to give you a special blessing of serving here. But you are also very special." ;) 

I love serving in this mission. I am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for the people I've been able to meet, the experiences I have been able to have, and the priceless lessons I have learned. 

Love you all,

Sister Bleak 


Staffords
Anchondos
Goodbye jail
Hello Elder Christofferson!!!!!
15mo with these sisters!!!
Goodbye sis Soutas :,(
Hello sister Angerbauer!!







No comments:

Post a Comment