Meetings, Mother’s Day, … Missionary Work!
Family!! Hope all you wonderful women had an amazing mothers
day!
Since I just talked to you yesterday this will be a little
shorter, but for those friends whom I did not see.. here is a quick run down of
our week!!
Basically we had meetings the entire week.
Wednesday was MLC - mission leadership counsel. Aka a 7 hour
meeting where all the sister leaders and Zone leaders come together and counsel
and are trained about how to help the mission. It was a spiritual feast.
President Vest called at 10:17 Monday night to ask sister rice
and I if we would lead a 20 min discussion about a talk on Hope the mission has
been studying. The next day we planned it all out and then we were like ok well
let's go over to Bishop tonight to see if he has any other wisdom to add about
it. Bishop Gallup is like a doctrinal mastermind. And he rebuked us and
basically helped us realize that everything we thought about hope was wrong. He
blew our minds. So we went home and threw everything we had planned out the
window and started from scratch. Hah. Yeah no anxiety over that at all.
Hahah we were super nervous but it ended up turning out, actually
really awesome! We blew everyone's minds and impressed even the most
doctrinally sound elders. So we were proud of ourselves.
MLC was so cool though. We all counseled about how we could help
the missionaries and discussed what things needed to be implemented in the
mission.
Something that was focused on a ton was the definition of what
it truly means to be effective. And the need for being motivated by
charity.
These are things I haven't been the best with my whole mission,
so it really helped me to see that the goal is to work smarter not harder - to
really be purpose led.
Thursday we had both Jail Training meeting and District meeting
back to back.
Then Friday we just had weekly Planning and then interviews like
the whole day.
Hahah scheduling everything was super crazy though. This whole
week we have had all these scheduling issues. Like last night, we had this
whole dinner fiasco, and long story short we ended up having 3 dinners back to
back to back and so we have leftovers to last us the next week and a half.
Lol.
Interviews with President and Sister Vest definitely made my
week though.
Ahhh I love them SO MUCH. President got emotional at MLC when he
was sharing about an RM who appreciated the letters President would still send
to him even though home, because he had be struggling. President then told us
how his goal is not to help us become good missionaries. His purpose and goal
is to do everything he can to help the doctrine of Christ sink deep into our
hearts and souls. Because missions will end. And life will go on. But if we
have that engraved within ourselves, we will receive eternal life. He bore such
powerful testimony of that and spoke with such love.
So as I spoke with him on Friday I just cried and cried.
(Typical me, yes I know haha)
This was our last official interview we would have with them
because they will be heading home to Texas in mid June. :,(
President has a way of telling me exactly what I need to
hear.
He has seen me go through so much through the rollercoaster that
has been my mission. And I cannot express how his love and guidance has helped
me through.
The wisdom that he and Sister Vest shared with me, that I so
needed, I want to share with you.
- Remember
who you truly are. You are a divine child of the most powerful infinite
Being. He knows you and He loves you. Keep that perspective, and let that
knowledge give you confidence.
- Let
go of the past mistakes or past burdens. Let the Savior take it from you,
and learn to humble yourself. Because humility + faith = weakness ➡️ strength.
(Ether 12:27)
- Don't
take yourself so doggone seriously!
- Serve
and love with your whole heart.
I have found so much more joy and peace as I have done this even
just the past few days. I testify that when we pray for charity, He fills our
hearts. When we cry out, He is there. When we need help, He sends it. When we
focus on Christ, we see Him more. When we serve as He would, we feel His
joy.
I love being a missionary. I love Jesus. I love His gospel. And
I love that I am a daughter of God.
Also read "Settle This in your Hearts" Neal a maxwell
OCT 1992
Pics:
District lunch
Comp pics on Mother's Day
Skyping my wonderful family
Rip bc Dallin leaves for his mission in a month!!
Perks of being a missionary
in Missouri. Spent the whole day yesterday
amidst the beauty of the countryside of Missoura and got to go on a
church history tour with the Zone!! Swapped half pdays to get to go!
Sooo awesome!
Eight witnesses monument
amidst the beauty of the countryside of Missoura and got to go on a
church history tour with the Zone!! Swapped half pdays to get to go!
Sooo awesome!
Eight witnesses monument
Far west

















No comments:
Post a Comment