I think we should just hang out for the next month” –President
Vest
HEEEYYYAAALLLL so this week was pretty awesome. (And sorry
this'll be short, not a ton of time and hall probably get annoyed at my long
snails anyway ;))
This week started out with eating dinner at a family's
house who were from NORTH CAROLINAA!! Southern accent and all. It was BOMB.
They poured out the food on the table and we ate with our hands. It was
sweet.
We also actually met some people who wanted us to come
back!!!
We are also now official homies with all the youth. It's been so
fun to meet with them and see their testimonies grow!!
The best parts about this week were two things.
First thing, ZONE CONFERENCE!!
This was our last zone conference with President Vest. In
exactly a month President Love will be my mission president!
So yes I cried like the whole time. I cannot even verbalized how
much I love them for everything they've done for me!!! I just love them with my
whole heart.
Plus sister rice gave her departing testimony. So all in all,
melted into a puddle of tears.
But really this Zone Conference was exactly what I needed.
Sometimes as missionaries I feel like we get stuck in this
normal routine of things. We get lost in doing all these "missionary
things" but forget what being a missionary and doing missionary work is
really all about.
All of the topics were basically about being all in as a
missionary, serving with all our might mind and strength.
The whole time it was like the spirit was just giving me this
powerful pump up, testifying of this work we are involved in.
I can't even express in words how amazing being a missionary
is!!!
Like guys, I have almost been out a full year!
I have spent almost a full year with the privilege of wearing
the name of Christ over my heart.
Sending home your companion makes you reflect on your own
mission a lot.
It's really daunting because I mean we give up so much to come
out here, and it's not like we are instantly perfect. Not at all. We work hard
and try our best and hope to reap the fruits of our efforts, but you know, when
it comes down to it, if I didn't make a recognizable different for anyone, it
wouldn't make me upset, because what it really is all about is coming out and
serving God. Just because we love Him.
The greatest blessing and miracle for this week was, however,
being able to reap that fruit!!!
We got 3 NEW INVESTIGATORS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!
THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!!!!! Doniphan is like a dried up water hole
in the Sahara. And NOW THERE IS SIGN OF LIFE!
Haha jk, but we were super pumped!!! We are teaching this
FAMILY. A part member family where the dad has been active and strong in the
gospel his whole life, but has fallen less active because he wanted to save his
marriage. Since his wife is hardcore baptist. No missionaries have been able to
get in with them. But we went by and hey said we could come back!!! So we set
up this whole appointment and taught his daughters! Who by the way came to
church without any of us knowing!!
Ahhh we are just so excited and I'm just so grateful to be a
missionary and to see miracles on the daily. God is good!!!
Have an amazing week!!
Love you all
Video to watch: "the savior understands me" https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2016-03-0021-the-savior-understands-me?lang=eng&_r=1&cid=HP_FR_2-6-2017_dPAD_fMLIB_xLIDyL2_
Pics
Eating dinner w the southerners
Zone conference
Exchanges with Sister Garay!! She's from charlotte, NC!
This morning on a river walk!!!!
Sister farnsworth hilarious pic idea. Peep verse 33 ;)
I stuck my toe in the Missouri River!!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment