Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Monday, November 13, 2017

Nov. 21, 2016 "He's Still Listening"

"He's Still Listening"

Hi family & friends!  

Wow is thanksgiving already this week? Oh how time flies!! 

This week was just a tad all over the place, but good and rewarding, challenging yet uplifting nonetheless!! 

First of all SISTER MATAGI AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER FOR CHRISTMAS AND ALL THINGS FUN THIS TRANSFER!! Also it will be her last so I will be killing her. Hopefully she is cool with me bein her last comp, but if not, oh well! 😁😅😂

So this week we were able to be apart of more service opportunities, raking leaves, singing to old people ... all that fun stuff 

Umm things that happened this week, we had an FHE with the Lowes and a family that invited them over and we talked about family history and it was awesome!! We had departure breakfast (goodbye party for all the missionaries leaving at the VC) and they all shared their wisdom and it was amazing. 
We also knocked lots and lots of doors and talked to people and had some doors slammed and had lots of food with members and took lots of tours. Oh you know the norm. 

There's a lot I want to say about this week but alas there is not enough time or memory for me to say everything... 

Highlights of the week though, we went and stopped by this part member family. The wife is a hardcore baptist and her husband is less active. Her name is holly and she is super nice! But last week we found out that her oldest son who was just 2 years old and had Down's syndrome. It was heart breaking and so sudden and she just had another baby but we ended up going over to just see how she was doing and we were able to talk to her and she said she has been able to feel a lot of peace from God and the scriptures. Secretly we were hoping that she would be more open because of this event in her life ... and that wasn't the case but when she was talking all about her experience and how she was dealing with everything she said something pretty profound. She shared how sometimes "God will take away everything from you, to show you that He is what truly matters and that He is the one true thing you should rely on and count on." I really thought about that. God really will allow us to have rough times and rough trials because he wants to teach us something. But especially on a mission you have all your coping mechanisms taken away from you and all the things you usually could find comfort in, and you're left with the only one true thing that will help you - your savior and your father in heaven. That is what truly matters. And what will truly help you through anything in life. 

In the scriptures it talks about the rich young ruler who had done everything but all that was left that Christ required was to "sell all he hath and give to the poor." Are we, am I, willing to sell everything to give everything up for Him? And give me all to this work? Sometimes it's easier to do so than others. But that's why the atonement is amazing because it "helps us change and comforts us through change." It helps us become better and learn how to rely on "him who is mighty to save." 

Last night Sister Matagi and I felt a little worn from the week. We just felt like we had hit a wall because we didn't know what else to do anymore. There was just this point that you hit when it's like wow I have tried so many hints and it's still not working and I am like okay wow we don't know what to do. So we had a little moment and there was some moisture from our eyes, but how grateful I am for such a hard working companion and someone who helps us stretch and grow and focus on what really matters and cheers me up and makes me laugh when I feel like falling apart. 

That is how I know God answers prayers. But more importantly, He is always listening. 
Over and over you can pray to see miracles and pray in faith that this person will accept the gospel or will come to church, but you don't always have that prayer answered. In relief society, this woman said something that hit me. "He is still listening. Even when you aren't receiving answers. Even when you have nothing left. He is still listening. God answers prayers but it is on his timetable. But he still listens when you pray, and plead and repeat yourself. He always listens." 

Heavenly Father may not be answering my prayers to help us find people to teach and to help us seem miracles. But he is still listening. He is sending little tender mercies all along the way. Like this morning He helped me to know (through my personal study) that this time in my mission - the drought, not teaching anyone, working harder than ever and still no results, everyone goes through one - is a time he is testing me, and seeing if he can trust me. But really whether I'm reaching people or not doesn't matter. What matters if I am becoming truly converted myself. That's what missions are really good for is helping young people who are weak and helpless like me to become converted to the gospel. And that conversion lasts a lifetime. Our joy will be great as we bring but one soul. And that one soul is YOU. It's ME. 

And I can say that I am truly converted. I am learning. I am changing. Or trying to change. And I am seeking to help anyone and everyone I can. And aligning my will with the Lords. 

And I guess that's what matters. 

This week should be fun though! We have thanksgiving at a members home and it will be with their whole family and the elders and we only have to be at the VC for some in the morning! And Christmas music is approved Friday so we can listen to that and we are decorating the VC for xmas AND the new Christmas initiative comes out!!! It is so good!!! #lighttheworld 

Anyways. I love u all. Thanks for your prayers your love and support 💕

Sister Bleak 

Sister Phillips is goin home 
Doll house fam. 
Sister greenwood left the VC 😭
Fall! 
Five months! 
HAHAHHA Scarlett is the daughter of a less active we are teaching and oh how we love her. (She's up top) 
Christmas at the VC! 

Sleepover before transfers 💕😂










No comments:

Post a Comment