Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sept. 20, 2016 "1/2 to 1/3 the way"

sept. 20 ½ to 1/3 the way


HEY FAM!!!

Sorry I don't have a ton of time to email, we have  FUN FILLED PDAY!!!
We are biking at the Plaza by downtown Kansas City this morning with
Sister Bishop and Sister Bentely!! Then after some errands we are
going to go to the Bass Pro Shop mega store with my fav senior couple
the Wilsons!! 🤗

This week was awesome. And it has FLOWN by! Next thing we will know it
will be next transfer!! Which kind of makes me sad because I don't
want this trio life to end!! It is SOO fun. Sister Soto and Werber
were just what I needed. We are always laughing and I can just be
myself and I LOVE them! We are always so positive and work hard and
listen to the spirit!

This week we have seen so many miracles!! Tuesday like I said we
received SOO many referrals in Independence 4 ward!! So we now have
like 4 or 5 people we are going to teach!! (Scheduling is a nightmare
though with double covering AND visitor center).

But we loved district meeting Wednesday because it was all about how
we can make those miracles happen. How we are PROMISED that we can
have the desires of our hearts. We all went around and even shared our
deepest desire. Whether that be on the mission or in life. And I
learned so much that I need to always bear my testimony holding. To
never leave anyone without my testimony of Jesus Christ. And to not be
afraid or hesitant about anything because THIS IS ETERNAL SALVATION
!!! This is no light subject!

Something I have been struggling with is not getting discouraged
because of the lack of work that is in blue springs area. We have had
a really hard time contacting and teaching anybody. And now we have so
much more limited time in our area. But I know God is still with us!!
And I know that is true! Because the next day, (my 3 MONTH MARK BTW)
we were out in blue springs and we were going to visit our
investigator we haven't gotten in contact with lately and of course
they weren't home, but we started talking to this guy who was outside
changing a tire and we had a really good conversation with him. He
loved God and everything and we just kept talking to him and he shared
how much he has been blessed and how he knows God has always been
there for him. I testified to him that God is so proud of him because
he never forgot Him. And now because he had been so blessed, I then
asked him, "don't you think God wants to bless you for that and show
you that there's something more?" And he thought of that for a second
and he was like yeah that makes perfect sense. And actually I had been
praying and waiting for God to show me what to do and give me a nudge
in the right direction. So we asked if he thought that could be us,
and he's like oh I know it is!!
It was so cool. We just testified to him of the gospel and it was
powerful. And he agreed that we could meet with him. We couldn't set
up a time but we left him with the address to the church, a BOM and
Resto pamphlet.
He didn't come to church and we haven't heard from him since. But we
are hopeful!!!
Meeting him was just a testimony to me that God does give us the
desires of our hearts, we just need to do our part to WORK and ACT! I
have such a desire to find those prepared people and to see someone
accept and progress in the gospel. And my area has been hard so I
haven't really had the opportunities to do so, but I learned a lot
about diligence this week. That it is consistently doing all we can -
with a cheerful attitude because we love God! And we want to be
obedient to Him!!

Other miracles this week.... Oh Saturday was the best day because it
was a great day on shift and then we had dinner with our recent
converts in BS2 (blue springs second) the Lowe's (my first baptism
right when I got in the field) and oh how I love them so much. They
are already such good missionaries and can't wait to get to the temple
and bless people's lives with their testimonies!! AHHH. I just really
needed to hear their testimonies and hear how thankful they are for
the gospel in their lives, to see that people really do accept and are
ready and humble enough to for the gospel!!
After that we had Inde 4 ward correlation and it was so fun!!! Inde 4
ward mission leader and ward missionaries are so involved in the work
and so fun! We were all just laughing and oh it was a good time. Then
I guess it was elder calls birthday so we had cake and sang to him!!

Sunday I gave a talk on humility - I will send to you if you want -
and I was basically exhausted (spiritually and physically) from all
the hours of church and VC but it was good!

Yesterday was awesome!! Haha we did service and then went over to a
barbecue the elders put on for elder calls birthday (again) for our
lunch hour but it was fun! Then we went and tried to visit our
investigator who is on date and she wasn't home, it was like someone
opened the door and peeked at us and then closed it. And they wouldn't
speak. So that was confusing. So we left to go home to go finish
studies. But we felt like we should go back so we did! And the person
still didn't answer.  So I was like well hey let's sing to the door!
So we did! And man that was powerful! Whoever was behind the door I
know felt the spirit.
(Later we found out it was Eileen's non-English speaking niece that
lives with her)
Our investigator - thats Eileen - ended up calling us back, she wasn't
home, but she said Thursday was her free day so we have a return
appt!!

Afterward we came to shift and I got the best surprise EVER!! Sister
bishops companion was sick so they were like do u wanna go on splits
and go with sister bishop? UM YEAH.
So we spend the whole night last night going to appointments together
and meeting with her investigators and it was the BOMB!!! Basically
dream come true.

Major things I have learned this week though is to just be confident
in myself, and bold in teaching and testifying because this is an
important work we are doing. It is the most important thing I will
ever do in my life at this time. "This is the work of saving the human
soul" as Jeffrey r holland puts it.
I also learned how important it is to be honest with yourself and with
others. Not only being honest in the big things but in the small
things. And it all goes back to obedience and diligence. If you love
God, you want to do whatever he has asked you. You will willingly
obey. Being honest with yourself also helps you to change and improve
because you have to acknowledge the fact that you need to change and
improve!

That's my favorite - and probably one of the hard things about a
mission is that you are constantly changing and working to improve
yourself. But this helps to be able to become the person we are meant
to become.

I love being a missionary. At a training maybe last week, they were
teaching about the power of our calling and I thought, you know what?
I will go through whatever trial, whatever struggle and hardship - I
will submit to whatever God sees fit to inflict upon me - if that
means that I can do what I'm called to do. If I can bear my testimony
and winless of the savior every day. That is what makes everything
worth it. Just do it for Jesus. That's my motto.

Peace love and blessings to u all 💕

Till next week,
Sister Bleak















No comments:

Post a Comment