Hey
family!! Wow I can't believe it's pday again I feel like I just blinked and
here we are once again!!
Well
okay this past weeks recap is:
So
Wednesday we had our departure breakfast at the visitor center and then we had
some time to go finish our studies and do some finding activities before we had
shift that evening. We were able to talk to some people and take some great
tours!
Wednesday
night before transfers sister Soto and I stayed up and just talked forever haha
she is my soul SISTA and I just love her!!! Really wish I didn't have to get a
new companion a little but I am excited for the change and opportunity to grow
:)
Thursday
was transfer day!! It was weird because we didn't have it until 12 because of
the timing when the new missionaries got there. So we had studies and stuff and
we were both freaking out! Sis Soto and I were just happy to be in the same
house and were praying that all would be well.
Haha but
anyways so my new comp is SISTER MATAGI!!! (Pronounced muh- tung-y) she is from
west valley Utah! But her family is from Samoa! She is way chill and such a
good missionary! She only has like 2 transfers left so she gets to give this
area her expertise which is awesome!!! I'm so glad. I've been needing it.
We get
along really well! Still getting used to each other but she's super easy going
like me, but so dedicated and hard working!! Haha she wasn't super excited to
come to the VC - she's been in the boonies her whole mission and so it's kind
of a culture shock being in this thriving metropolis of independence (lol not)
hahaha
So Thursday
and Friday we did lots of planning and finding, had an awesome lesson with the
lowes (they're amazing as always). Saturday we had a full proselyting day so we
did like way hardcore weekly planning and came up with our overall game plan
for the transfer! We both feel really strongly that we just need to work with
the ward and earn their trust and get referrals and all that goodness!! So then
we went out into our area and visited some names ... didn't find too much going
on at one place so were like okay well we need to go see Scott. He hadn't been
returning our calls and we were like what the heck! So we go to his house and
his mom opens the door (never have met her) and she was not having it. She
basically told us to get the heck outta here and slammed the door in our face.
So that's cool. Haha so we knocked the doors all around him and met a few
people and had some other doors slammed but as we were just about to leave,
GUESS WHO PULLS UP!! MY MAIN MAN SCOTTTTT. Perfect timing!!!
So we
started talking to him and we were like testifying of our calling and he's just
like hey you wanna go over to mcdonalds? Lol so we followed him over to
McDonald's and had a whole lesson there and really were just like WHAT DO U
WANT IN LIFE and just were straight up with him and we ended up inviting him to
baptism and he said yes!! He still wants to take things slow but he knows it's
true, he just has all these questions and worries and concerns. Haha oh also we
ended up committing him to living the law of chastity!! Haha cus he started
asking about that and I just looked over to sister matagi cus I'm like ya I
have no idea what to say hahaha. But we had to get going to our tri-ward luau
and so we invited him to that and at first he had said he couldn't come but he
agreed he could come later!! So we went to the luau and it was
awesome!!!!
There
were so many people there and our former investigator Sandy came cus fellowship
is real and it's awesome!! There were pounds and pounds of poly food everywhere
- chopped suey and pork straight from a roasted pig - (dished out by our stake
president straight from the ribs of the animal -- Ohh yeahhh) haha oh yeah I
don't know if I mentioned that - the fact that there's TONNNSSS of polys
here.
I think
like generations ago they all migrated from the islands to come to Zion... but
yeah so after, they started this show! They had a bunch of dancing and
performances. And we were waiting for Scott to show up because he said that he
would call us at 7:30 and HE CALLED US!! And he CAME!!!! He came and watched
all these little white primary boys do the Hakka and it was awesome hahah. I
think he enjoyed it! Afterward we got to introduce him to a bunch of people and
friends in the ward. And then there was still time so he asked if we could go next
door to the visitor center .. UHH YA.
So we
went to the visitor center and watched gods plan for his family and he actually
got really emotional and was totally feeling the spirit. Then he was crying as
we sang to him at the statue of Christ. AHHH YAAA I LOVE THE SPIRIT!! But so
then it was closing time so Scott said that he would try his best to come to
church!!
Sunday
was awesome ahaha it was crazy because we had morning shift and there were 2
bus tours that came in so like 100 people and it was awesome!! Haha so Sister
Matagi whether she wanted to or not had to take a couple by herself but she did
awesome!!
Then we
went off to ward council where we had another little spat amongst the ward
auxiliary heads. Mainly one brother has been really frustrated and unwilling to
help because he is really stressed and then feels like it's all on him and he
has no one to volunteer for teamups. That's been the biggest issue is we have
an amazing ward and I have loved being there but we just are still trying to figure
out how to channel all their goodness and get them to want to help with
missionary work.
And
that's why I think it's great and it's definitely what the lord wants us to do
is just build up the families in our ward and help them to feel the true power
and spirit of our message and it's importance.
But I
love Bishop Hubner sooo much!!! He is just so awesome! He got up before
sacrament meeting and invited us all to think about our savior and about what
he's truly done in our lives. And I was like ah okay yeah that's awesome. Like
thinking about all the other people in the ward that that would be good for
them ... but then I started thinking about it for myself. And I just thought of
everything Christ had done for me. And I just started bawling. I was filled
with love. And it was definitely and answer to my prayers because for a while I
felt like I was getting too consumed with just going through the motions and I
didn't want to do that anymore. I felt like at the visitor center I was just
bearing my testimony to do it but there wasn't true feeling behind it. Well
there was I just was praying for a converting experience for myself.
And let
me tell you, fasting really truly brings spiritual strength and answers
prayers!!!
So I
want you all to know that I know more than anything that my savior lives. And
Just like the sons of Mosiah I can't bear the thought of anyone else not
knowing him!!!!
He's my
best friend. I wouldn't be out here without him.
That's
my simple testimony. That's all that truly matters, friends.
Anyways
sorry this email might be lame and shorter (haha sry I know it's always a
novel)
But I
love all of you so much!! Thank you for your prayers and notes and love for
me 
️
️
️
️
Much
love, Sister Bleak
Ps. Here
is the address you can send stuff to me now.
323 N
river
In
independence MO 64050
Departure breakfast selfie
By sis p 
Bffs 4evs
Oh how I love Chats on teaching center hahaha (the two stark
contrasts)
Last
day w my bff SISTA SOTO
Sister
Matagi!!!
Sister
sotos baby. She so cute and we r bff already now too
Coming at you live from pday









No comments:
Post a Comment