Happy x4
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!
I am so excited to tell you about my week because it was the
BEST!!!
So I'll just cut to the chase.
Amidst all the craziness and opposition and stress to put it all
together, THE MCGINNIS BAPTISM WENT OFF WITHOUT A HITCH!!! Well I guess except
for the fact that they were the last ones to show up to their own baptism, haha
we were only waiting for like 30 min it's fine. Then the jumpsuits didn't fit
the girls so Ally and Becca were sporting some slightly oversized male
baptismal jumpsuits :)
But the chapel was packed!!! So many people came and showed
their support for these kids. Rosalynn, the mom, even sang "I Like to Look
for Rainbows" for everyone and OK,She just had throat surgery (from
traumatic experiences from when she was captive in Mexico - see previous email
for more info) BUT SHE SANG HER HEART OUT. And it was beautiful. You could feel
the spirit so strongly. Because she was singing her testimony, those things
that helped her through such a hard time.
Sunday when the kids were confirmed, (they were on time this
time don't worry, haha),
The blessing that they each received after having the Holy Ghost
confirmed upon them, was each so amazing and powerful! It just hit me so hard
how much God cares about this family. These kids have been through more than my
mind could even imagine, but they really are THE sweetest kids. Picture a 13 yr
old boy with his crazy2 yr old brother who's trying to climb the walls of the chapel
in sacrament meeting.. taking him out so patiently every time. Never
frustrated, just holding him and taking care of him the whole time so his mom
could listen to the testimonies. That is a special, sweet spirit. I love these
kids.
Next miracle x3 ...
Saturday morning I had switched shifts to go to something later,
but JUST HAPPENED to be there WITH Sister Udall (former comp LUV HER) at the VC
when sister bishop and Godfrey (bffs from the jail) came in with VICKI!!! (My
long lost god-grandmother
️) aka
The amazing lady Sister Udall and I found during our time together in Lib 1!!!!
It was SUCH a blessing to take her though the VC, and testify to her about how
God wants her to have an eternal family just as much if not MORE than she does.
And how with faith, and a closeness to the spirit, we can get through ANYTHING
just like the early saints. We all really felt the spirit testifying of those
things to us. And the member there, Sister Macdonald kept bearing such powerful
testimony. Ahh. Vicki will get baptized someday soon. :)
Next miracle was BELLA'S BAPTISM!!!! My cute little Bella from
Doniphan in Liberty!!!
️
️ right
after shift, the Petersons took us up to see it! I got to see all my favorite
people in the Doniphan Ward and I just felt like I was home!!! I just have such
a love for those people. It truly was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have
ever been too. I was just overwhelmed with the amount of love hag was in that
room. Love from the ward members, love from Bella's amazing mom and sisters,
and most especially our Heavenly Father's love for Bella was shining down on
all of us that afternoon. To see this family, and to know of their past and
everything they've been through, and now to see what is happening in their
lives today... AHHH the church is true people!
But what I felt most is the fact that sometimes on a mission,
it's common to feel that you were sent to a place because there are people
you're meant to touch, that people need you. But I just have felt so privileged
and blessed to be able to know them. The
Staffords, the McGinnis kids, the Russell's, the Gallups, and all the ward
members I've met. God blessed ME enough to have met them.
Because He knew I needed them.
And for that I am so grateful!
And I continued to see that throughout the rest of the night. We
went back to independence for a Stake women's dinner before the general women's
broadcast!
It's CRAZYYYY that I was here ONE YEAR AGO at the same dinner
and broadcast. AGH time flies.
Anyways because I was here a year ago, I got to see some of my
favs from Blue Springs, my FIRST area! The Hubners, the Jensens, sister Ahmu
and Althoff and so many more! So fun fun. And wow the conference was just
amazing. So many prayers and questions answered.
But my favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's and the overall
theme to remember who you are.
My heart just was so full this week as I was blessed to be a
part of so many amazing things. My mission means so much to me because of the
people that the Lord has blessed me enough to meet and work with. I have felt
His perfect love for His children. For those who are struggling, for those
whose past was rough, for all of us. And all those who Come into Jesus can
partake of that love! I know the Savior suffered for each of us. And oh how I
love Him for that! Not just because He can take my sins away, but He provided a
better life for all these kiddos.
The gospel is real people. Jesus lives.
Love you all,
Ok all these pictures
make up for the lack of pictures last week
When you give your iPad to a little buddy to entertain him
Impromptu dinner with the McGinnis kids :)
LOOK AT THESE CUTIES. Becca and Ally
Lol all these crazy kiddos.
And remo in the middle of the elders
The whole crew
Vicki and my fav girls at the VC!
️
The Staffords
️
️
Independence square #lovethesquare lol
Classic VC










No comments:
Post a Comment