Sister Madeline Bleak

Sister Madeline Bleak

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Feb. 6, 2017 "Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot heal"

Earth has no sorrow that heav’n cannot heal.

Hi family!! This week I have been blessed to learn a lot!! 
We got to teach some great lessons and had dinners with amazing members! Overcame some sickness and other trials and felt the love of Heavenly Father! 

This week I also received a training call!! I kind of felt it coming but I am so excited!!
It will be a great experience and Crooked River is a great place to train!! (If I stay - which I hope so because i love the people here so much). 
So Saturday morning we had to travel down to Inde!! Home sweet home! I went to the trainers meeting and it was such an amazing spiritually uplifting meeting. I love our leaders. They are so inspired! 

After the meeting we just stayed in independence because we had planned to go to the Visitor Center with Sarah! And the. Cooperriders and the Armstrongs from the ward! The cooperriders are hilarious. Brother Cooperrider is a returning member (one with the long beard and who calls me Sister Sparkle) and his wife is  not a member but like comes every week and the armstrongs are active and just so great! 

It was such a spiritual experience and my bff Sister Bishop took us through!!!  
She was so in tune with the spirit. There were many things she said and that we all felt and that I know I personally needed to hear!! 

I just am so grateful for spiritual places and people that are in tune with spiritual promptings. For Zone leaders and other missionaries who are so supportive and are like family out here! 
There are hard things about missionary work but when we all work together and love each other it makes it easier. The lord is so mindful of his servants! 
It is true that when we come unto Christ he shows us our weakness but I know it is through Him that we will overcome and be strengthened! 

This week I have learned a lot about the atonement. 

We learn so much when we have to teach others about these divine principles, but when we must understand and apply them to ourselves those principles take on a whole new meaning. 

I have seen on a personal level what it truly feels like to be broken before the lord. To have nowhere else to go. To have no idea what to do. To face the reality that I may not be able to fix myself by myself. 

That is not a fun thought. It is a scary thing to confront. 
But what I have understood and continue to have hope in is my savior Jesus Christ. 
Truly he has never left me alone. 
He continues to be by me, sometimes I am waiting in the shadows and don't always recognize Him. 

But the truly miraculous power of the Atonement is that this whole earthly life is t perfect for anyone. It never was meant to be. That is WHY we have the atonement; why it's such a necessity. 

I know that no matter what trial or weakness or infirmity I have, I don't need to hide it or be ashamed of it. I may not be perfect, but none of us are. However we are all loved perfectly. No matter our afflictions. 

I know my brother, Jesus will and has been carrying me through these trials. He was before my mission and I know he will continue to afterward. This is what gives me true joy and hope to journey on. 
I am filled with an overwhelming love when I recognize all that He does for me. I truly stand all amazed. 

I love you all so much!! Thank you SOO much for your continuous love and support! 
It helps me through when things aren't easy! 

I will let you know next week what happens to me if I stay or who my new little trainee is!!! :) 


More pday pics
Hahahaha far west zone is the best












No comments:

Post a Comment